MMJ Fanaticism exposed!!!  (link to website)

Started by George_Savage, Jun 14, 2007, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George_Savage

Hey kids,
     Back in the old days, mainly 2002, but also some in '03-'06, I got to follow the band around and record 'em.   I was pretty obsessed with their music, and I still love 'em and I always will.   Back then, of course, they were easily accessible before and after their shows.  I pestered them (to some extent, if they were in the mood for it!) and wrote about these travels and their music, what it meant to me, etc.   My old friend Brad (aka Sitter) helped me with this last project, which I presented to them after their November '05 show in Dallas.   That picture of Jim was taken at the Gypsy Tea Room (now defunct) after that show.  I think it was 11/18/05, going on memory, but that may be wrong.  Anyway, I wrote at least two others, originally given to them in July 2002 and June 2003.    I was going to proofread 'em but there's just not enough time for that!    I hope that you enjoy 'em.   I apologize in advance for spelling errors.  I think that you can click on links to an 'interview' that Sitter conducted regarding my fanaticism.   I shudder to think what those will sound like - beer was involved!     Have fun.

Low Dog
"peace to all you beautiful creatures"

http://www.oceandriverecordings.com/mmjgiftset/intothemadness.htm

aMD

wow!  nice. i've thought about doing something like that about my experiences in the good old days. i haven't read all of it yet, obviously, but i'm going to bookmark it and read it hear and there.  thanks for sharing.  :)

joey_rogo

Low Dog, thanks for putting that up, only a few paragraphs in but it is definately proving to be a good read. It's fun to hear about the old days... wish I had come across the band sooner.

knotcameloose

dude...that Hal interview thing is classic...scroll down to hear the links...
I listened to the first one, funny stuff.

;D

George_Savage

Quotewow!  nice. i've thought about doing something like that about my experiences in the good old days. i haven't read all of it yet, obviously, but i'm going to bookmark it and read it hear and there.  thanks for sharing.  :)

Thanks, aMillionDreams and Joey, for the kind words and to Riny for moving it over here...I forgot to mention in my original post that while you are on the website
(www.oceandriverecordings.com) that you should check out some of Brad's songs - he and our friend Tim (Trudgernaut) write and play and sing their own songs and they're good.   They are even featured on the second (I think) MMJ tribute compilation.  They did 'By My Car'.    

Have fun,
Low Dog
"any time your war gets out of hand I'll take it on"

BH

Hey, nice, I can't wait to give it a read.  I always enjoy your stories!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

Great read! Makes me feel like part of the MMJ family!  :D

"Subliminal message"...hilarious!  ;D
In another time, in another place, in another face

JxD1903

damn that's freaken awesome!

I put a tiny dent in it, but I will keep on reading for sure.

You are pretty damn dedicated man!  :)
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Sleazy Rider

That's good stuff man. I read it at "work" the other day.
Everyone was like "what the fuck are you reading man?"
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

sleezy_morning_reb

QuoteThat's good stuff man. I read it at "work" the other day.
Everyone was like "what the fuck are you reading man?"

What the fuck are you reading man?
I'm ready for it now!