Main Menu

What song

Started by jeremywku, May 21, 2007, 10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremywku

I am going to introduce an old friend that I havent seen in a long time to MMJ.  He has heard of them but never heard the music.  Any advice on what song or songs I should introduce him to the jacket with?  What is the perfect Jacket indoctrination playlist?

The DARK

Depends. What music does he listen to?
In another time, in another place, in another face

JohnnyRage

It's always always always Lowdown.

But...it's usually w/ girls...and whom I wouldn't mind seeing naked.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

jeremywku

He is more of the rock type.  Not really too particular with his type.  I just wanna find the song or setlist that would wow him.  I am thinking Run Thru and OBH for certain bc of the rock qualities.  Not sure on the rest.

cmccubbin@work

Masterplan, Mahgeetah, What A Wondeful Man, Anytime, Lay Low
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

jeremywku

Thanks, I was considering some of them.  Should I go with more live songs or album songs?

.Walt

i would make sure you put a little bit of the rock and a little of the lighter side.  so that the person gets a feel of what the jacket really is. a little bit of everything.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Grudge

I give all my buddies a copy of the 2004 bonnaroo show to get them started. A few listens in and most are hooked.  Live MMJ is always the best

Sleazy Rider

Everybody really reacts to One Big Holiday.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

JacketGal

QuoteI give all my buddies a copy of the 2004 bonnaroo show to get them started. A few listens in and most are hooked.  Live MMJ is always the best
That's exactly what I do! :)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

beardrock4life

I'm trying this out for the first time, and I'm going to use At Dawn (I'll be sure and let them know that you really need to focus on it for the full effect).  I'll let you guys know how it works out.

tomEisenbraun

hmmmmm....i'm not sure if At Dawn in it's entirety is the best for a first-timer, but it just might be. i like ot give em a full taste of the band, and i guess at dawn has most of that palette, but the middle is so slow that it's easy to lose attention, and if you aren't completely sold by the middle of death is the easy way, you'll probably lose interest.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.