Is it just me or...

Started by Paauwe, Aug 04, 2007, 03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdiver

I have a lot of friends that LOVE My Morning Jacket, but I don't think they go onto forums very often if at all, and even though MMJ is my favorite band of all time, I just joined this forum a few months ago, mostly because I was afraid there would a bunch of assholes on here, because usually forums are filled with people who just want to harass people and try to sound superior.  Luckily, MMJ fans on here are very sweet people, so I felt comfortable staying around.  I used to, and still do, really love Ryan Adams, and while I still like his music, I have to admit that many of his fans are among the worst music fans in the world.  If any of you ever visited his ryanadams.org fan site you might have noticed that many of the posts were negative, and if anybody posted a comment about a band that they liked, all the replies would be negative, very negative.  Sadly, it became a music forum that had nothing to do with music.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are a lot of people who are afraid to join forums because they have been burned so many times and don't want to be subjected to hatred and confrontation.  I have to say, I really love this forum, and I am shocked at how friendly people are on here compared to 99.9% of other forums.  Hopefully more people will check out this forum and realize the focus is really about music and the MMJ love.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

dragonboy

Nice post Songdiver! Hope you stick around & bring some of your friends whilst you're at it  :)
PS Ryan Adams sucks arse!  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

This is the only forum I've ever joined so I don't know any different, but I have heard many others say basically the same thing and it makes me smile.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

QuoteI have a lot of friends that LOVE My Morning Jacket, but I don't think they go onto forums very often if at all, and even though MMJ is my favorite band of all time, I just joined this forum a few months ago, mostly because I was afraid there would a bunch of assholes on here, because usually forums are filled with people who just want to harass people and try to sound superior.  Luckily, MMJ fans on here are very sweet people, so I felt comfortable staying around.  I used to, and still do, really love Ryan Adams, and while I still like his music, I have to admit that many of his fans are among the worst music fans in the world.  If any of you ever visited his ryanadams.org fan site you might have noticed that many of the posts were negative, and if anybody posted a comment about a band that they liked, all the replies would be negative, very negative.  Sadly, it became a music forum that had nothing to do with music.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there are a lot of people who are afraid to join forums because they have been burned so many times and don't want to be subjected to hatred and confrontation.  I have to say, I really love this forum, and I am shocked at how friendly people are on here compared to 99.9% of other forums.  Hopefully more people will check out this forum and realize the focus is really about music and the MMJ love.
:)

ali

well said songdiver (hello by the way)... i've looked at band forums before, and never felt inclined to join - they're either too busy slagging each other off, or proclaiming how hot the band is (we all know that jim & the boys are hot, it goes without saying), or even bagging out the bands' girlfriends (which is just no-one's business)... but this forum in particular i think stands out. we're all music nerds, and just love talking to each other about music we love, or think that others would love to hear. which is one of the best things about it - cos we all live in different corners of the world, we're all exposed to different sounds, different festivals etc, so its great to be able to share

:)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI have a lot of friends that LOVE My Morning Jacket, but I don't think they go onto forums very often if at all, and even though MMJ is my favorite band of all time, I just joined this forum a few months ago, mostly because I was afraid there would a bunch of assholes on here, because usually forums are filled with people who just want to harass people and try to sound superior.  Luckily, MMJ fans on here are very sweet people, so I felt comfortable staying around.  I used to, and still do, really love Ryan Adams, and while I still like his music, I have to admit that many of his fans are among the worst music fans in the world.  If any of you ever visited his ryanadams.org fan site you might have noticed that many of the posts were negative, and if anybody posted a comment about a band that they liked, all the replies would be negative, very negative.  Sadly, it became a music forum that had nothing to do with music.

I think we all feel that way. When i started coming here, i had no idea i would eventually post 1,000 plus messages! I just kept wanting to come back.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!