MMJ on cover of Rolling Stone

Started by mickeyreds, Aug 19, 2007, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

Just kidding. But it will happen SOON!  ;)
As long as you keep a straight face...

getinthevan

I got all excited when I saw this.  Then I instantly thought of Almost Famous and wondered what sort of hijinks the story would be full of.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

aMD

I hope when they do make the cover of the rolling stone that cameron crowe writes the article.

fitzcarraldo

ChiefOKONO

rolling stone is lame now but it still would be cool to see i guess!

TEO

Would beat the heck out of that pretty boy on the current cover!   ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Deez

Damn, that just got me fired up w/ a quickness!
Yeah, Camerone Crowe writing that one would be pretty sweet.
So, who the hell is that kid on the cover anyway?  Don't answer that; i don't even wanna know.
You had me worried!!!

The DARK

I doubt that we'll see them on a RS cover. The boys might not want it, anyway.

I do, however see a Filter or Paste cover in the near future!  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

cmccubbin@work

QuoteI doubt that we'll see them on a RS cover. The boys might not want it, anyway.

yeah...i'd say they will get tons of hype once the new album release date has been set.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

Kimbos_Evil_Bread

I'll place a gentleman's wager that they get the cover with the release of their newest album.

[url="http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/"]http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert"]http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert[/url]

DaFunkyPrecedent

jim james will makes People Mag's sexiest men of the year issue.  
God damn those shaky knees.

TheBigChicken

QuoteI doubt that we'll see them on a RS cover. The boys might not want it, anyway.

I could definitely see that :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

Maybe put the bear on the cover of the magazine...hmmmm...with a pointy party hat on :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

primushead

Man, I'm still waiting for the cast of High School Musical to get on the cover.  

::) ::)

aMD

i'm pretty sure they were on the cover of paste in 2003.

Isn't that dude who's on the cover this month from high school the musical?  oh yeah, don't answer that.

Angry Ewok

Here lately, having your photo on the cover of Rolling Stone is almost a blow to your street credibility as an actual artist, and rightfully so.

If MMJ made the cover, of course I'd buy a copy - but something tells me I'd probably only read the accompanying article with any enthusiasm if it were written by someone like Crowe. Someone with a personal connection and a passion for their music.

Don't get me wrong - while there's absolutely a victory to be had, being able to say you made the cover of Rolling Stone - all I'm saying is that these days, it's become somewhat bittersweet to see a band I actually like on the cover...

For one, the MMJ cover issue would probably be preceeded by an issue with a baboon-assed George Bush characteriture on the cover, or another MySpace Band, and the issue afterwords would likely have "fiddy cent" with an AK47. Not exactly good company.

Secondly, and the big sting to me - if it were up to the Stone staff, the article would be ridden, if not totally focused on politically charged bullshit, instead of the music and the people behind the music.

I'm just not in the mood to hear it, anymore. That's why I canceled my subscription last year... I can tolerate liberalism coming from the artists themselves, to an extent, but the total hypocrisy of the Rolling Stone staff embracing and romanticizing the excessive lifestyles of pistol-packing rapper thugs and heroine-shooting emo-punkers, while lambasting the "excessive" lifestyle of middle-of-the-road Americans for their family car's emissions just doesn't slide with me - especially in an article that I thought was about my favorite musicians' music, in a magazine that was established and founded on talking about music.

Maybe I'm in the minority when I say this, but, I don't give a shit what these people think about politics. Why do I care what celebrities have to say about middle-class America and our carbon footprint? When it comes to George Bush, tell me something new or get in the back of the line. It's all just so old and tired.

But yeah, if MMJ made the cover, good for them.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Well put Angry!  I missed you.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.