T5 Opening Bands

Started by KingRhinoNJ, Oct 16, 2010, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRhinoNJ

[size=18]... I don't know if I missed any threads about this but I am VERY pleased with the selection of opening bands for the T5 run ....

Really looking forward to Dungen, Elvis Perkins In Dearland and Everest .... Hacienda is great. Saw them open for Alejandro Escovedo a few times and Grace Potter. And this Holly Miranda is a pleasure, as well.
[/size]

j_rud

Not familiar with Dungen or Holly Miranda but Im pumped to see Elvis Perkins and Hacienda. Saw Everest with Wilco and Neil Young. It definitely wasn't bad but I'll be honest, that night I just wanted them to get the hell off the stage.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

KingRhinoNJ

[size=18]Dungen is a really cool psychedelic Scandanavian band.[/size]

capt. scotty

Wow, I totally forgot that there were opening bands  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

themarsvolta

Been very much digging Holly Miranda for two weeks now. I'll be looking forward to seeing her perform Friday...

@@

DaFunkyPrecedent

Dungen!!!!!! this is gonna be a fuckin' TREAT.

Not only do we get "opening" bands, but we also have 1,500 other bands who will be playing all over NYC tue - sat.  SOOOO SICK!!! music over load!!!!!
God damn those shaky knees.

Ruckus

There was this thread started by a mod a while back

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1280333156

Then another tried
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1285814885

I'm with Sticky.  I can't wait for this to end so that there aren't 8 million threads about nothing in here :P
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

KingRhinoNJ

QuoteThere was this thread started by a mod a while back

Then another tried

I'm with Sticky.  I can't wait for this to end so that there aren't 8 million threads about nothing in here :P

[size=18]... Is it really bothering you that much, Ruckus? Do you need a tissue? Are your sad little eyes welling up with tears?

Because God knows, we needed your reply bitching like a little girl.
[/size]

Ruckus

Then another tried

[size=18]... Is it really bothering you that much, Ruckus? Do you need a tissue? Are your sad little eyes welling up with tears?

[/size]

Dude, no need to yell.  I can hear you.  I just think it is a matter of respect.  That's all man.  Neither thread was past page three.  The 1st was started by a forum moderator to announce the T5 opening bands.  That's the thread that should be used.  That's just my opinion.  It shouldn't take that much to search a bit before splashing a redundant thread.  When I make the mistake of starting a redundant thread, such as in the other music section, I apologize.

DaFunkyPrecedent

The forum is RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at what we did....
God damn those shaky knees.

johnnYYac

Hey KingRhinoNJ, I haven't welcomed you to the forum.  Many of your posts are good stuff, once I get past the obnoxious font.  I hope we meet at an upcoming show (T5 #5 is next for me).  I've yet to meet a forum member I didn't like.  As I said in another thread (oh no! redundancy!)- MMJ forum members = good people!   

I would suggest you don't need to draw attention to yourself with [size=18]big red font[/size], which is (frankly) annoying.  Quit that shit and people's attitude towards you will soar.  

As far as Ruckus's comments about duplicate posts, I agree and thought he was respectful in pointing it out.  I do the same.  If I post a redundant subject, I appreciate folks pointing out a thread has already been started on the same subject.  If its 3+ pages back, I'm not gonna care, but a quick scan of the 2-3 most recent pages usually suffices to reduce duplicate and parallel postings.  

Look at all the T5 threads.  Maybe they should all be consolidated- one for the shows, one for tickets, one for pre show, one for where to find the best hookers.  I'm just sayin'. ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

QuoteThe forum is RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at what we did....
;D ;D ;D  I knew I was being a smarmy bitch but I couldn't help myself.  My bad.  I wish I had the diplomacy skills of JY.  Thanks Johnny.

I can't wait to see Dungen.  They came by my way about 6 weeks ago but as fate would have it, I had a fantasy football draft that night that I couldn't have moved and I missed them.  Vocally they actually remind me of Tame Impala a lot, though obviously they sing in Swedish.

I'm not too familiar with Hacienda's music but when I saw them with Pat and Auerbach as part of the Fast Five, they blew me away at how tight they were and how hard they rocked.  Really jacked up for them too.

I know next to nothing about Elvis Perkins other than I believe some stuff I've seen here.  I've tried to listen to some Holly Miranda but it wasn't working for me.  Seems somewhat an interesting choice.  Is it just me?

Dig Everest a lot and have never seen them before.  Should be nice.

What's got me even more excited are the potential guest appearances that have been hinted at.  I forgot which article I just read but it seemed to imply that there would be at least 1 random guest appearance each night.

ALady

Elvis Perkins has put out two of my favourite records of the past few years.  

That's all you need to know.  ;D

Well that and he's the son of Anthony Perkins (of Psycho fame) and Berry Berenson, who was a passenger on one of the 9/11 planes.  His first record, Ash Wednesday, is about the loss of his parents and it's fucking brilliant.  The follow-up, In Dearland is absolutely fantastic as well.

Really psyched they're one of the openers.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mahg33ta

Then another tried

[/size]

I guess I'm less diplomatic than Johnny Yac, but Man, your post struck me the wrong way.    You spend enough time around here, you learn the people by their posts, and you show a little respect.   Ruckus (seems like he) is one of the cool dudes around here and someone I hope to cross paths with at T5.    Why you feel the need to stir up trouble with your bitching like a little girl comment is annoying.    He didn't attack you personally, he just pointed you to the correct thread.

KingRhinoNJ

[size=24]::YAWN!::[/size]

johnnYYac

Ah, so hacksaw comes into the light as KRNJ slinks further into the  darkness.  The yin and yang of a-holes.  I tried to be nice, but can't waste my time.  

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

QuoteAh, so hacksaw comes into the light as KRNJ slinks further into the  darkness.  The yin and yang of a-holes.  I tried to be nice, but can't waste my time.  

X2. you're all nicer than me.
if you play with trash, you'll get dirty so stop responding.  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill