jim's picture in Rolling Stones

Started by BIGVICLBI, Sep 13, 2007, 10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

sweet pic of jim in Whiteface for the new Dylan movie.

aMD

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

Jacket Fanatic

The simple fact that Jim James will be appearing in this movie instantly makes it the best movie ever. Heres the picture from Rolling Stone. The photo in the magazine was much better, I just found this one on the net.

That's Jim there with the white face.

the_wizzard

We were so stoked to see that they choose to put a pic of Jim in the article on the movie (the other pic was of Heath Ledger).  
The pic of Jim is a close up of the picture posted.  They titled it "Paint it White".

Quote from article...
And My Morning Jacket's frontman Jim James performs "Goin' To Alcapulco" in the film himself, wearing Rolling Thunder Tour-style whiteface.  "Filming that scene was one of those great moments", says Poster.  "Just being there and feeling the power of the music-I think everybody felt it."

Randall Poster was the music supervisor for Todd Haynes.

They also listed some up coming film biopics (Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing" out next year, Michael Hutchence "Slide Away" he turns up as a ghost to tell his story, The Grateful Dead "Home Before Daylight" Steve Parish's memoirs with Bob Weir overseeing the music, and Debbie Harry Title TBA.....).  Good stuff IMO

primushead

Badass.  Thanks for posting that.

My Morning Coffee

Cool to see that "widescreen" shot here with everybody in it.

The one in RS is great though...and I cant believe Kate Blanchett has a part as Dylan in the film as well!
~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~

fan75

Cool pic.  Too bad it isn't a bit bigger.
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

ManNamedTruth

QuoteCool to see that "widescreen" shot here with everybody in it.

The one in RS is great though...and I cant believe Kate Blanchett has a part as Dylan in the film as well!

as i said before, she looks the most like Dylan out of them all.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!