Funny Story...

Started by johnconaway, Oct 22, 2003, 11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

True:

After many countless repeats of the new record, I put down my new friend for a few days, to listen to some Interpol, some Led Zep, etc.  I found myself bummed out.

To wit, this morning...(God, the good people on Grinstead Drive must HATE me every day at 7 a.m.  ;D), I found myself jammin' again to the new record.  And, I felt buoyed with good vibes all around!

Moral of the Story:  MMJ makes/saves the day.  If only Mr. Smith had this record in his collection...I swear it works!

What's your favorite new record story?  How many times did you put Run Thru on repeat?  How many times did you listen to the whole record on repeat?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

my_evening_jacket

I know what you mean John

I have a 6 cd changer in the car and I never get completely through any of the other 5 discs without switching back to It Still Moves - I find myself repeating One Big Holiday and Steam Engine - but mostly it is the whole darn record that just keeps getting played over and over again.  The Jacket delivers pure joy.
shake some action

dtrain

Although I love the record very much (in fact, it may be my all time favorite in a few years), certain parts have brought me to tears on more than one occasion...but it's like liquor, no matter how far it brings you down, it still feels good.

hipkink

My friend, Angie, and I were driving down J street in the Sacramento grid headbanging to One Big Holiday. We pull up next to this restaurant, heads-a-bobbin'. I look to my right and catch two pretty girls laughing, pointing, and finally giving a cheerful wave and thumbs up. Did they like the song, or are Angie and I that cute? It's a toss-up!
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Oz

QuoteHow many times did you put Run Thru on repeat?  How many times did you listen to the whole record on repeat?  ;)

I have to say I never once did that, 'cuz I love to hear the record from beginning to end. But, by the way, my favorite new record story is listening to it on my DiscMan on my way back home from meeting my girlfriend... God, that record is such good music when you're happy and in love! Weehee!  ;D
I'm ready when you are

Flo

It took me over a week to get past "Mageetah" which I actually have an idea/visual for a video.

Then it was "Golden" for awhile, now it's "Run Through".

52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS