Future of Music

Started by danilove, Nov 12, 2003, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danilove

Hey everyone! Hope all is well...I've been meanin' to get my ass back on the boards for what seems like forever, but (damn it!) I've been ridiculously buried in work and grad school lately. But nevermind all that...I've been meaning to point y'all toward a really cool non-profit organization and website, namely:

www.futureofmusic.org

These folks have done some very important and interesting work on behalf of musicians over the past 4 years, both in terms of research and lobbying the Federal Government. So, (not to be too pushy) but get your sweet asses over to their site, 'cause I think you'll either learn a lot about the world that our boys live in, or at least be able to appreciate the good work that's happening on their behalf...Personally, I always get giddy when I find talented folks who are using their head to bring something good to the world.

Well, anyway...Didn't mean to be so verbose, but it's nice to back on the boards (even if only briefly) and I'll try not to stay away so long next time.  :-*

Until then,
Love...
and long live the Jacket!
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

peanut butter puddin surprise

Thanks for the link...I'll definitely check that out!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Looks like a cool initiative, but the site contains too much dry bussiness facts to handle, for me as a man who still considers music something magical that has nothing to do with real life and money and such. I know it sadly does, but I wish to stay ignorant.
I'm ready when you are