From a depressive young Norwegian

Started by lilium, Nov 22, 2003, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilium

I don't know. What to say hear. Well. Just try to start somthing. I'm depressive. Good start, yes, thanks for that. I'm just happy because I got the "The Tennessee Fire", at last. 11 weeks it took. Cost of NOK 239.-. But never mind that, it was great, as I that it whould be.

Right now, musically, it's that one + Centro-Matic (have everyone except Will Johnson's solo, not availlable up here in the north (not where much north, i know, but never mind that, it's not availlable here) and david eugene edwards has thaught me to like hank williams. Strange things happens listening to a record (Folklore-Sixteen Horsepower), but where do i find songs/records by Kal Cahoone??? She sings like an angel in the Lilium album Short Stories. Her Majesty The Decemberists make me happy as well, but Kid Dakota and, maybe Conor Oberst & Bright Eyes, makes me sad listening to their lyrics. Perhaps not "sad", but not in a pretty good mood anyway.
Beer, in any which way or form, makes me always happy (like now, writing this...). And reading Knut Hamsun is not a good idea. Please read Hamsun, but i don't think it will make you "not depressive", or something like that..
The Lilium Short stories is over, what now then???
OK, All hail west texas by the mountain goats (john Darnielle), but darnielle, it didn't make me happy. OK let's try Decemberists again. Better, yes. And 1 beer.
I might start a discussion here.
Is At Dawn better than It Still Moves? My answer is: yes, no, yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, no and yes. They are so differrent, i think. I don't like the song Golden, but etc.etc. So the discussion stops here, they're different.

What should i do know?? Stop writing?? Probably that, my brain is out of order (again..) or i might start looking for the last cell who ran out of there in a hurry...

All the best to you all, take care, and don't run out of order... or something funny  

Oz

Whew. Some message. I don't know exactly what you're trying to say, really, but ehm... Are you really depressed? Well, music definitely helps. To me it does. The Tennessee Fire is a good one, yes. And Bright Eyes, yeah... They can't make one happy, but ehm, sad in a nice way. Right? Just be careful with alcohol. It helps you for one night, maybe, but the next morning it's far worse. That goes for every drug. 'Cept for music. So, yes, play that music! Take care yourself.. You'll do fine!
I'm ready when you are

lilium

Thanks for that O!
But being depressive is not a good idea. Everything last night was written by a drunk depressive soul. So never mind that. I'm feeling pretty OK right now.
But Kal Cahoone!! Sings for what band?? Records availlable from where or what?

Tommorrow I'm up at 0600, be back at home at 1645, but, O, before I go to bed.
One question: "At dawn" or "It Still Moves", which one do you prefer? It's like Green or Automatic For The People, perhaps.

Two tablets remaining for the day: 2 cipramil (look up in the internett), and half a coffee.
Take care...and be nice....

Oz

Hey Lilium, I'm glad you're doing fine again.. I have no idea about Kal Cahoone, though, but as for the album question: I prefer It still moves. No doubt. On that album, they really captured that band sound, the songs have more different parts, there more variation... It sounds a lot better and the songs are better. The album that means even more to me, however, is their debut The Tennessee Fire. But that's mostly for personal reasons. At dawn is a little in between... The ballads are a little less heartbreaking than Tennessee, the rockers just don't rock as well as ISM. At least, that's my opinion.

Oh, and my favorite R.E.M. record is, indeed, Automatic for the people.  :)
I'm ready when you are