Hello Everybody...

Started by SomethingCreative, Nov 01, 2007, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomethingCreative

I just discovered MMJ a few months ago at Lollapalooza while waiting  for pearl jam and I was blown away. I've been listening to them non-stop ever since.  I just wanted to say hello and ask for some guidance on which album to pick up next (I only have Z and Okonokos as of now).

thanks,
Steven
"Ok, we'll stay for Pearl Jam if  you promise to  watch My Morning Jacket." - 2 girls at lolla 07

Nikkogino

I'd go in this order:
Acoustic citsuoca
At Dawn
It Still Moves
The Tennessee Fire
Split EP
Chocolate and Ice

dragonboy

Hey Steven, welcome aboard!  :)

I would work back from where you are now - It Still Moves, At Dawn & then The Tennessee Fire.

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Chills

At Dawn or TTF if you want slow-burning albums that require a few spins but will grow on you.

It Still Moves if you require instant rockin' satisfaction.  

BH

These are my favorite posts. :)

I'd say pick your favorite song from OKONOKOS (that's not on Z obviously) and go with the album that it's on!  It's sounds like you are already hooked so you can't go wrong.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

JacketGal

QuoteThese are my favorite posts. :)

I'd say pick your favorite song from OKONOKOS (that's not on Z obviously) and go with the album that it's on!  It's sounds like you are already hooked so you can't go wrong.

A grand idea!  ;D

Really, you can't go wrong with any of their records. I did just listen to Acoustic yesterday and I fell in AWE all over again....
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

SomethingCreative

hahaha thanks everybody...I'll probably just end up buying all of them together.
"Ok, we'll stay for Pearl Jam if  you promise to  watch My Morning Jacket." - 2 girls at lolla 07

BH

Quotehahaha thanks everybody...I'll probably just end up buying all of them together.

Good call. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ChiefOKONO

nice, that is the best way really!

Quotehahaha thanks everybody...I'll probably just end up buying all of them together.

MarkW

QuoteHey Steven, welcome aboard!  :)

I would work back from where you are now - It Still Moves, At Dawn & then The Tennessee Fire.

He's right.

Time to put the rest of your life on hold while the Jacket takes over.  ;D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

bowl of soup

Welcome Steven, you miserable racist*

*I think everybody's a racist, so welcome.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

EC

GET AT DAWN IMMEDIATELY
welcome to this place :)

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteHey Steven, welcome aboard!  :)

I concur.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

DaFunkyPrecedent

I would get the NYE set...you'll fall more in love with them once you hear their most epic show (ever?).  plus you get some kick ass covers...a part of the band that i feel is very important, esp for their live shows.  
God damn those shaky knees.

SomethingCreative

QuoteI would get the NYE set...you'll fall more in love with them once you hear their most epic show (ever?).  plus you get some kick ass covers...a part of the band that i feel is very important, esp for their live shows.  

where do I find this???

fitzcarraldo