Main Menu

update please

Started by pacman, Nov 08, 2007, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacman

Hi all-
Everytime I pick up my MMJ music, like Okonokos which I'm listening to right now, I really fall back in love with their music.  I had my mind blown during their concert in Minneapolis a couple of years ago... by myself because no-one had really heard of them yet (until I loaned them a burned CD which they in-turn loved).
I'm a big fan, but don't have time to keep up with everything.
SO... please tell me where they're at with things... tours, albums, band status.
I've feared the worst when I don't see any significant updates on their website... and all I ever get are updates on how Jim James is doing this or that solo gig... then come to find out that a couple of band members left.
Is this a slow death that I'm seeing, or am I just ignorant?
I hope hope hope the latter.

CC

hello pacman,
the band is very much alive. they are in the process of recording a new album which should be out sometime next spring. touring plans will probably pop up again in the new year...

ycartrob

QuoteHi all-
Everytime I pick up my MMJ music, like Okonokos which I'm listening to right now, I really fall back in love with their music.  I had my mind blown during their concert in Minneapolis a couple of years ago... by myself because no-one had really heard of them yet (until I loaned them a burned CD which they in-turn loved).
I'm a big fan, but don't have time to keep up with everything.
SO... please tell me where they're at with things... tours, albums, band status.
I've feared the worst when I don't see any significant updates on their website... and all I ever get are updates on how Jim James is doing this or that solo gig... then come to find out that a couple of band members left.
Is this a slow death that I'm seeing, or am I just ignorant?
I hope hope hope the latter.

yes, what CC said. Us Jacketheads are just hanging around here, talking smack until the next tour. Come on in!

cmccubbin@work

Quotehello pacman,
the band is very much alive. they are in the process of recording a new album which should be out sometime next spring. touring plans will probably pop up again in the new year...

next Spring, eh???
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

CC

Quotehello pacman,

next Spring, eh???

exactly (give or take a season)

Angry Ewok

That's why he was asking, dude.

I can see why someone would wonder if the band is slowly dissolving. If you aren't on these boards talking shit every day, you might draw that conclusion from the fact that the "News" no longer has news - just re-released albums and t-shirts for sale.

The mailing list is only rarely taken advantage of, too.

But... that's why we have the forums.

Welcome to the board.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

Quotehow recently has a band member left?  2001 or 2002?  how insulting! i love new fans and all, but how dare you say the words, "slow death".

it was actually a 2 part question: "Is this a slow death that I'm seeing, or am I just ignorant?"

realdeal

I am the only Jacketeer to talk shit.