Bad Company

Started by johnconaway, Apr 21, 2004, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

I had a thought in the car today, listening to a classic rawk station...name a classic rock band that has a similar sound to MMJ.

Having heard any Bad Co song like a trillion times, it was odd to hear "I can't get enough" and think of songs from ISM at the same time.  Am I crazy?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

Quote Am I crazy?

Probably, but most of us are, so you're in good company   ;)  

Know what you mean about 'Can't get enough'. Will check it out when I unpack. I'm moving house soon and Bad Company was deemed a non-essential band so I packed them early. Guess which CDs won't be packed at all   :D

I heard David Gates singing 'Guitar Man' this morning, and it did remind me of Jim a little.

wordawg

Quote Am I crazy?

How many guesses do I get? ;)
the future is Ginger

wordawg

I thought they were closer to The Band, but that may be because I wanted it that way.
I know that they don't sound much like Emerson, Lake & Palmer.  They were a big band with a bigger name than Bad Company ( who only had 10 letters in their name if I remember correctly)

Does this help?
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Bad Company.
Saw their very first gig.  Was at the City Hall, Newcastle buying tickets for some band and we could hear a band practising on stage (it was lunch-time) We got in to watch and chatted with the road crew, asked who they were, bought tickets for the show that night, and there you go.  There was no publicity for the show, just word of mouth.

There were no colour tellys in them days.
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Killed that thread.  Dead.

Maybe there is no place on here for 'Living History'.
the future is Ginger

wordawg

............or sarcasm.
the future is Ginger

peanut butter puddin surprise

Sarcasm is always a treat here mate!  I got it, didn't respond right away tho....

c'mon...color tellys?  i know you had em on those days... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

wordawg

It's grim up North!
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Be fair, greggy, it wasn't that grim. By the time we were 15 most of us had shoes (but not colour tellies).

wordawg

You had shoes! You lucky sod.
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Yeah but we had to take turns wearing them. I had Tuesdays   ::)

(For anybody who doesn't know, greggy and I are playing the ancient game of "My family was poorer than yours" which, I imagine, is an peculiarly British, or even English, one)  :-/

By the way, I'm missing my Bad Company CDs now. Not that I've listened to them for years. Weird. (but not as weird as that chicken thing)

wordawg

Once a week? Luxury.  Every Preston Feast for me, you soft southern northerner.
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Quoteyou soft southern northerner.

not for long  :D