Father's day...

Started by lyricjunkie, Jun 20, 2004, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyricjunkie

Happy F'ing Father's day to all you daddy's out there.  Hope the chaps are good to ya!  and hope the mommy's are too! ;)
Talk less....
Say more.

Drunkre

*Sniff sniff* I'm so happy right now *sniff* Thank you for such a heartfelt outpouring of emotion.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

wordawg

I don't have a hankie, but you can borrow my sleeve Drunkre.
the future is Ginger

Drunkre

SMc55

Sorry to be nosy Drunkre, but is that a picture of Noam Chomsky? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Drunkre

DING DING DING DING
Give that man a kewpie doll!!!

Yes sir, it is the Chomster.  The Chomskinator.  Chomsky.  Chomsky-omsky.
/old SNL sketch

Have just about all of his books dealing with foreign policy.  His books on cognitive learning though are unfathomable, I'm definitely not that smart (even though I'm in college to be a teacher...ain't that a shame?)

Drunkre

Damn, my bad, give that womyn a kewpie doll.

{Note to self:  Look at profiles of board members before assigning sexual identity...oh shit, did I say that aloud?}

{Note to self (addendum 1):  Work on inner voice thingy}

SMc55

I'm a winner!!

I know of Chomsky through his work on Linguistics. I remember his strongly held view that language was hard wired and the ability to learn it unique to humans. There was a group teaching language skills to chimps, one of whom they named Nim Chimsky.

Don't worry about the inner voice thingy - it makes people smile more often than it gets you into trouble in my experience.

Good luck with the teaching career  :)

lyricjunkie

Drunkre.... sorry I made you cry... :-/  I like your inner voice thingy... doc is right... sure makes me smile! :)
Talk less....
Say more.

Drunkre

{Note to self:  Two chicks!  Both appreciating sense of humor!  Yes!  Noam Chomsky, you kick ass!}

SMc55