Feel the love when out of towners come a callin'..

Started by johnconaway, Jun 30, 2004, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

I guess it goes without saying that we roll out the red carpet (or try our best to) when folks come to Louisville to see a show...I was wondering if maybe we should have a system for this, for shows all over.

Wouldn't it be cool if you rolled in to a new town, specifically to see the boys, and you had a chance before (or after) to hook up with some of the local fans?  Like I said, I'm sure this already happens...

maybe a sticky topic on the board here...or a topic on each show, with a place to meet before/after...i dunno, just riffin' here.  

I for one have greatly enjoyed meeting folks from the board.  How about you?  Suggestions?  Nothing fancy or labor intensive, just drinks or dinner or something else like that.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

As my dear friend has kindly pointed out  :-/  I suppose this shouldn't involve putting your mobile number on an open forum.

peanut butter puddin surprise

well, since it is THIS forum, i wouldn't worry too much...crazy MMJ people might call out of the blue!

but you may wanna edit that post, just in case.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Drunkre

That's a real difficult one.  As we can see from posts by people like kornfan, this forum isn't necessarily populated by MMJ fanatics exclusively.  It would be friggin awesome to have some kind of community MMJ welcome street team, I know when I went to see them in Atlanta, I had a friend to go with, but it would have been cooler to go with like 15 people.  More people, more rockin'!  Perhaps mobile numbers, or home numbers could be exchanged through IMs upon announcement of a show.  But should there be some way of authenticating that the supposed visitor actually has a ticket?
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

SMc55

Quotebut you may wanna edit that post, just in case.

Just done it. Now Paul's a member I can send him a message. Thanks for the advice, John. Didn't know you could edit posts. You learn something new every day. I've already learned that the dutch for fan means, well, fan. It's a bit of knowledge I'll cherish always :)

Zmog1974

Hey this is a cool idea..i have travelled to NY twice, dublin,manchester,ireland,amsterdam,atlanta,birmingham,alabama.oh and of course here in London.to see the guys and even though i was with my girlfriend and brother...it would have been cool to hook up with a few foreigners or should i say forumegners..ive had the privelage of meeting Riny(cc baxter)who is a big part of the board/mmj world and he was cool...i must admit though i was pretty pissed...sorry Riny  ;D