Chris Robinson and the NEM new album is out!!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jun 28, 2004, 11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

NEW ALBUM 'THIS MAGNIFICENT DISTANCE' OUT JUNE 29

CHRIS ROBINSON & THE NEW EARTH MUD will make their 2004 television debut on the Late Show with David Letterman Monday, June 28, the same day of their sold-out concert at New York City's Irving Plaza. The following day will mark the release of the band's new album THIS MAGNIFICENT DISTANCE (Vector Recordings), featuring the first radio track "40 Days," the song they'll perform on Letterman. ROBINSON describes the fiercely rocking "40 Days" as "a storm-a-comin'-kind-of tune."

THIS MAGNIFICENT DISTANCE is a work that draws on the vast panorama of American music--rock, blues, folk, country, soul and elements of jazz--and ROBINSON personalizes it with his compelling vocals, free-spirited melodies and vivid lyrics in which he looks inwards and at the world around him.

The album has already been generating praise from a variety of outlets. It earned a four-star review in the June/July issue of Blender, in which Clark Collis cited "the singer's heartfelt howling and dynamite harmonica playing." Harp magazine's Jaan Uhelszki praised CHRIS' "rebel-hearted romanticism, tales of ruined innocence, and the quest for personal liberation" (August 2004), while Tracks' Holly George-Warren noted how "Prominent keyboards and eloquent guitar work (by Crowes guitarist Audley Freed, Robinson and his co-producer, Paul Stacey) make the bucolic 'Girl on a Mountain,' the majestic 'When the Cold Wind Blows...' and the nostalgic 'Train Robbers' sound like Fillmore East jam sessions...A grittier mood envelops the harmonica-driven 'Piece of Wind,' in which Robinson's political convictions surface" (June 2004).

CHRIS ROBINSON & THE NEW EARTH MUD are on tour all summer.  For more information and newly added tour dates, head to www.newearthmud.net.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Unfortunately I have yet to hear one smidge of tuneage from this album on the radio ??? :-[
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.