Show Archiving

Started by havibulin, Aug 12, 2004, 07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

havibulin

I need an opinion.

I have been collecting live music in flac and shn formats for a while and just last night, ran out of space on both my pcs to store them.
I'm curious as to how some of you archive your music collections. Do you just save the audio? I would really like to keep the flac/shn files on disc, but realize i would also have to keep an audio copy somewhere as well if i ever wanted to listen to one.

just wondering what archiving solutions are being used by some of you.

sweatboard

I just keep buying new hard drives.
There's Still Time.........

corey

Well, there's that.  :)

Do you have a DVD burner. you could back them up on DVD and wipe out your hard drive and start over...

MMJ_fanatic

could someone give some insight on bit torrent conversion?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

corey

Are you talking about FLAC or SHN files? There are different programs for each of those types of files.

Is that even what you mean? Today is strange for me.

MMJ_fanatic

I loaded the lupo's show from e tree and I have the audio compression tool on my pc but I don't know/can't figure out how to convert the bit torrent into playable fomat for my media player. I'm pretty sure they're shn

havibulin

Here is the tool you need to convert .shn to a playable format:

http://www.etree.org/mkw.html

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteHere is the tool you need to convert .shn to a playable format:

http://www.etree.org/mkw.html

so I need this in addition to the mkwACT I already have?

corey

If you have installed MKW, you can drag your SHN files and drop them in the MKW window after you open the program. It seemed a little strange to me the first time I did it, but it worked.
Also, you can find a SHN plugin for WINAMP and use the wav ouput option for converting them to wav files.

MMJ_fanatic

thank you very much!