The Gorton Fisherman's Brigade

Started by johnconaway, Aug 09, 2004, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Time to explain the Gorton's Fisherman:  True story.

Once, in a half baked daze, I set glued to a string of bad Saturday afternoon TV, flipping around the dial.  The channel I stopped on was about to go back to "Predator", which I've seen 100000 times.  (who hasn't?)

Right before it came back on, there was this commercial for fish sticks...brought to me by the Gorton's Fisherman!  There was something in my addled brain that took me back to age 4, watching TV on black and white and seeing the SAME FUCKING GUY in the commercials...sure enough, the same dude who was the Gorton's Fisherman back then is still doing it!

This knowledge caused me to laugh endlessly, the kind of knowing, holy crap that is funny, pee your pants kind of laughter that went on far too long for the others in the room with me, who were creeped out at my insane cackling over this, the Gorton's Fisherman.

Just the other day, there he was again...and to my wife's dismay, I was still tickled fucking pink over this.  I laughed so hard and long about it and THEN had a discussion just this Saturday with my good friend antoniostroh's about this very subject.  Holy shit, I exclaim:  I'm puttin' the fucking Gorton's Fisherman on there!

So, this extended shout out to the Man in Yellow (check out the groovy sea shanty look he's got) is a shout out to y'all to join me in what I call "The Gorton Fisherman's Brigade"...a loosely organized consortium of like minded (and addled minded) friends dedicated to laugh their freakin' asses off at not only TGF, but any other corporate logo, mascot, jingle, or ad that tickles your funny bone.

Gimme some answers!  Zoid?  The Taco Bell dog?   ;)

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

TheMollusk

its 'noid' not 'zoid'
its nice that you can profess your man-love to the fisherman, but there are some things you should keep to yourself, drug addled or not, although i hope the fisherman brings you much happiness in the future. but please remember he will probably be dead soon and not be able to give you the satisfaction you crave so much.

MMJ_fanatic

the gorton's fisherman will never die--when I lived on the north shore of MA he was my neighbor and he told the secret of his longevity.  you see gortons has been into cloning long before dolly the sheep came along and one night over makers mark the ceo decided he had the solution to maintaining brand identity forever--the fisherman cloning farm secreted deep in the bowels of the processing facility.  of course they had to kill me once I knew the secret so all of this is being written posthumously...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

I'm guessing your idea of good natured fun, Mr. Mollusk, is plucking the legs off of spiders and then daring your friends to eat them, and when they don't, you eat them instead.

MMJ_fanatic

they probably have a salsa just for that in Canada

Quotethey probably have a salsa just for that in Canada

Hmmm...maybe I'll phone my friend in Montreal to ask!

(note to citizens of Quebec-I love your country so fucking much, just ask my friends who live there!)

http://www.i-mockery.com/visionary/gorton.asp

here's a link to brighten Mr. Mollusk's day...enjoy my friend.  and to those who click, beware-it's not for the easily offended.  ;D

MMJ_fanatic

the guy puts forth alot of interesting conjecture but I get the feeling he may have been traumatized at an early age by being force fed fish sticks and now can't trust anything fish related...... ::)

wordawg

JC

Its obvious that Mollusk is trying to save you from the inevitable heartache that will come with the Fishermans demise.

Mollusk is sensitive to your needs John, cut him a little slack. :)
the future is Ginger

TheMollusk

sorry, i got a little drunk last night. but i like this whole love/hate thing i got goin on with john. and please dont post links for me to click, because obviously i won't, because i dont care and it becomes a waste of everyone's time. im sure whatever it is absolutely hilarious.

MMJ_fanatic

click on the link in the "funny" thread :)

TheMollusk

mild retardation aside, i still hsve not 'clicked' on your "funny" thread. im sure if you keep telling me to do it i will though. hurry, think of something clever

Quotesorry, i got a little drunk last night. but i like this whole love/hate thing i got goin on with john. and please dont post links for me to click, because obviously i won't, because i dont care and it becomes a waste of everyone's time. im sure whatever it is absolutely hilarious.

awwww shucks. my work here is complete!

bump!  time to revive the Gorton's Fisherman!

Quoteand when the stampy the elephant episode came on one day, we laughed for hours

You are not alone in that endeavor...Stampy is hilarious.  (as is most things on the Simpsons)

MMJ_fanatic

always like that night of a thousand Homers episode  :)

(ala the Sea Captain)

arrrrrgh, 'tis no man...'tis a remorseless eating machine"

The Simpsons rule!