Main Menu

Hey folks!

Started by johnconaway, Sep 14, 2004, 04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

(p.s., lemonade is sprite)  :)

I like Pimm's with lemonade.  

But back to beer...  I love nukie brown.  Yum!  I also love Old Speckled Hen, and I can't remember if we get it here anymore.  I rediscovered it in England recently.

But, you know, I also love pabst in a can.  Which you for sure can't get here right now because I've searched everywhere.  Bastards.

marktwain

I've got a soft spot for Old Speckled Hen - downed quite a few my first time ever in an English pub, in Oxford.

Pabst in a can is do-able, but I can't imagine seeking it out.

My all-time favorite (and I know Mollusk will love this name ;)) is Young's Ram Rod- the most wondrous beer of all, but too expensive for casual drinking.

I usually stick to products of local breweries.

but, hell, I've gone off the thread again:  I'm scott, from the great commonwealth of Kentucky.

TheMollusk

obviously canadian beer is the best. but i would like to have a taste of a young ram rod. especially if john gave it to me ....mmmm. i imagine it being creamy and bitter. ooooooooh.

sweatboard

The best beer I've ever had is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

UK and Germany have it over everyone in the beer department, including North America hate to break to all the fans of Sam Adams and Molson
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheMollusk

im drinking a molson dry right now and it tastes pretty damn good to me.

MMJ_fanatic

I'll take Brador 8)

lasse

Hi everyone!

Right now I'm in to Tuborg.
It's a bit early, but nevermind that (clock say it's 0717)
And it's great to be back here...............

Lasse :)

TheMollusk

the best beer ever is sleeman honey brown made in guelph,ontario. except that its about $22 cdn for a twelve. worth it tho. its beer candy.

EC

Hmmm, perhaps there should be separate categories.  For example, Keiths is a beer I can drink, and can drink all night.  Same with Heineken or Stella or Moosehead or Harp, although I have to be in the mood to drink Harp.  I can usually drink two Guinness, and then I need to switch to something lighter.  I like Sleeman's Honey Brown (have some in the fridge right now), but usually can't drink more than two - it's too sweet.  Nukey brown, back to that, two at the most.  Problematic beer for me is La Maudite.  It's so fucking good (it tastes like figs), but it's so high in alcohol, and it makes you crazy.  Like tequila crazy.  I like an Amsterdam Framboise, but can only have a couple at a time.

Wow.  Over dinner we had a discussion about what makes an alcoholic.  It didn't feel like an intervention, but now that I've listed my beer drinking criteria, I'm starting to wonder...   :-/

(p.s.  I've forgotten, but I think this is the thread where master members are supposed to introduce themselves, but I think I'm too new to do that, which is why I haven't.)

peanut butter puddin surprise

(p.s.  I've forgotten, but I think this is the thread where master members are supposed to introduce themselves, but I think I'm too new to do that, which is why I haven't.)

nope, this is the thread where everyone introduces themselves...so bring it on!  ;)

tho i might change the title to "what's that beer you're drinking" or some such silliness... :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

TheMollusk

keiths tastes good on tap but like shit in the bottle. also the way you talk about beer makes you sound like a bitch. you should switch to cosmopolatans

SMc55

EC can talk about beer any way she likes. It's a forum, as you often remind us.

Talking about beer dorsn't make her sound like a bitch. That's not my opinion, humble or otherwise. It's a fact.

EC

Woah, what?  Really?  How does it make me sound like a bitch?  Now I have to read that post again...

Jeez, maybe I am a bitch...   ;)

(Thanks for sticking up for me, though, doc.  :))

TheMollusk

oh i didnt realize it was a girl. i take it back. i thought it was a dude talking about how his beer reminded him of 'figs' so you can see what i was getting at

maansloep

so new babies can introduce themselves here, then?

I'm from Texas.

Since we're talking about beer..
I will agree that German and British beers are far better than American beers, in general.
However, sometimes Mexican beer can be so nice.  Texas also has some nice beers. (like Shiner)
I'm not so much a connoiseur of beer as I'm not even of legal drinking age yet.. ahem.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI'm not so much a connoiseur of beer as I'm not even of legal drinking age yet.. ahem.

ok sure  ;) ::)