Sad sad days...

Started by O, Oct 15, 2004, 06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Autumn and winter in Holland: I've had twenty one years to get used to it, but I still can't help getting sad these days. And it's gonna take fricking 7 months for the sun to get back.  :(
I'm ready when you are

marktwain

I'm sorry, O.  But look at it this way:  at least you don't live in a country facing 4 more years of Cowboy Bush.

And you can legally smoke weed.

SMc55

O, try to think about the good things about winter in Holland. There must be some  ???

Get back to us, eh?

dogandponyshow

Hey O....I went to Amsterdam twety years ago.  Is their a hash bar called the Milky Way still around.  I had the greatest time there.

D.

thebigbang

QuoteO, try to think about the good things about winter in Holland. There must be some  ???

Get back to us, eh?

Yes. Think positive. At least you've got wooden shoes to keep your feet dry when it snows!!!!

--- I hope I don't have to add that I'm just funning with you. Even if I don't, I will.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

lasse

Go ice-skating in all the different canals :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

wow, what's with the nonlove for the Netherlands?

hey O, I've been bouting with the blues for a while, so I've got empathy for ya.  What works for me is usually loud, LOUD music of all types and lots of coffee.  Also, some physical activity that involves moving your arms a lot helps.  try to go for some indoor stuff if it's too cold.

and about the aforementioned weed:  don't be too depressed as you can plunk down in a hash bar and start puffin' away.  even if that's not your thing, just do it once for all of us american stoneys!  :o
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

And don't forget what cold weather is best for... snuggling up next to a hot body :o

wordawg

Been to Amsterdam a few times and always had a really good time - for a variety of reasons.
Love the city and the people.

Very chilled and laid back place to visit.
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

o man have you tried enhancing you light/dark cycle with lighting that's available that approaches sunlight quality.  It's supposed to enhance your mood in people experienceing seasonal affective disorder (yet another label for a side effect of changing seasons).  Something to help ya look on the bright side--you could be here with me watching the Boston Red Sox choke again  >:(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

lfish

I kinda start to like winter time.  It's always the period where I listen back to a Cd I really love.  O, try to listen to Bloody kisses by type o' negative, my favorite autumn cd and you'll chear up immediately.

Hang on there, the jacket's almost back in town.
I feel it on the leafs falling from the trees.
lfish

Oz

Cheers, guys! It's really nothing, I guess. It has a lot to do with rain, for starters. Autumn and winter in Holland, that's mainly cold and rain. No snow or ice or anything romantic like that. Just rain.

Now, with the weed thing: somehow I'm in the sort of blues where the last thing I want to do is drink and smoke weed. Usually that helps for me, yeah, but these days it just doesn't. But I know how frustrating that must be for all you Americans, me being able to smoke week and not doing it. :D
I'm ready when you are