Main Menu

Nightmare

Started by Andrew, Oct 16, 2004, 07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar

So last night I dreamt that I was sitting down with a cup of joe to read the morning paper, and, lo and behold, there is a picture of Jim James on the front page! I was overjoyed of course to see that MMJ was even in the local newspaper ... until I actually began to read the story. It seems that corporate moguls had literally bought out My Morning Jacket, replacing everyone but Jim with hired hands. The group had been renamed Country Time. In utter disbelief and despair, I turned on the TV to see if this was true. Not only was it true, but it seemed Country Time's new single (a bubble-gum-pop-meets-commercial-country gagger) was topping the charts. I was utterly bewildered and distinctly remember saying something like "Is life worth living?"

At this point I bolted awake in a cold sweat and realized it was only a dream. But it so upset me, I couldn't sleep the rest of the night!

Anyway, I thought I would share the story with you in this Off-Topic Ramblings section -- in part to reassure myself that there is no horrid band named Country Time....

MMJ_fanatic

holy shit batman!  that dream is like having food poisoning on top of dysentery!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Oz

Christ, I thought 'woah, what a scary dream' until I turned on MTV and there it was, the new single of Country Times! One could actually see little strings that were attached to Jim's hands! These are horrible times indeed!

Just kidding, ofcourse. :)
I'm ready when you are

Oz

You know what I once dreamt? I was at a party in some really ugly cantine (actually the cantine of a stupid order-picking job that I do) and Michael Stipe and Peter Buck were there. Both of them were in a really weird mood, constantly rambling semi-drunk. Then Stipe jumped on a table and began a speech in Flamish (!) (that's the language they speak in the North of Belgium and it sounds a lot like Dutch) about how ugly the place was and he asked all of the people there to help him tear that cantine apart. Right in the middle of that speech, my phone rings, Stipe looks at me disturbed, I pick up, I'm awake and it's my girlfriend on the phone.  :)
I'm ready when you are