Did You Attend a Vote for Change Concert(s)?

Started by pprendi, Oct 10, 2004, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

that takes balls, my friend.  no one wants to discuss the real issues at hand and have some outrage over them.  who gives a sh*t about dick cheney's daughter?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

kerry poking that into his speech was such a scripted moment it's not even funny and the vast majority of people asked about it think it was just plain mean--if was trying to make a point (or points with voters) I wish I knew what it was because it has evidently hurt him in the polls.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote no one wants to discuss the real issues at hand   

AMEN to that brother

SmoothOprtr

Drunkre said it best several posts back- Kerry is too similar to Bush to give himself a chance.  He has failed to seperate himself on any of the issues.  He votes for the war, but later says that he was only voting for a "last resort war" and similar shit.  If he didn't have the war to disagree with Bush on, he'd have even less chance than he already has. He's been this way on everything.  He has no clear paths to improvement, and while I think Bush has been mediocre at best on most issues, Kerry certainly doesn't offer anything better.  
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

havibulin

Quotekerry poking that into his speech was such a scripted moment it's not even funny and the vast majority of people asked about it think it was just plain mean--if was trying to make a point (or points with voters) I wish I knew what it was because it has evidently hurt him in the polls.

I am sure it was not an accident that Kerry said that in the last debate, but c'mon it goes both ways. republican senator candidate Alan Keyes absolutely degraded her publicly and there wasnt even a peep about it from the Cheney's. But when the Democratic nominee mentions her in a respectful way, they cry bloody murder. talk about scripted.

SmoothOprtr

Republican's are scared of Keyes.  He's nuts.  He claimed Jesus wouldn't vote for his opponent to give you an idea.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Whatever.  Uncle.  I give.  These so called subtle differences that are cited are plainly ridiculous.  Is anyone listening to the man's words, reading his outlines?  Hardly so if you consider Kerry "too similiar" to Bush.

Oh, and by the by, anyone who touts a "voting record" as some sort of weapon against Kerry surely doesn't understand how the voting process itself works.  It isn't ever as simple as one issue, one bill, one vote-if you saw the shit they tack on, you'd see why he voted against certain bills.  

And as for the war itself, as Bush claims, Kerry saw the same intelligence he did-is it any wonder they came to the same conclusion?  nothing is ever what it appears to be, esp. with politics.

who cares who turned the water on, just turn it off. simple as that.

marktwain

Saw a biography of Kerry on PBS the other night.  They showed footage from C-SPAN of him voting to give the president authority to use force in Iraq.  His speech explaining his vote was the exact speech he uses today.  He explained that the vote was to use force if necessary (because he thought the pres needed that threat to hang over Hussein's head).  He also explained in forceful terms that we should let the inspections work, and use force as the very last resort.

This surprised me!  His stance on the war really hasn't changed!  Even I believed that he was back-pedalling and trying to explain his way out of a controversial vote.  I wonder why this is the first time a political buff like me has seen that footage.

you give me hope, my friend.  rock on.  :)

MMJ_fanatic

Quote It isn't ever as simple as one issue, one bill, one vote-if you saw the shit they tack on, you'd see why he voted against certain bills.  
who cares who turned the water on, just turn it off. simple as that.
that's right jc--and this works both ways thanks to partisanship.  that is why both parties have become extremely tiresome.