Drive by Truckers????????

Started by sweatboard, Dec 16, 2004, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

Big Bird is CLEARLY a hermaphrodite.....

if i may use Bill O'Reilly's favorite debate argument, "I mean come on!!"...it's so obvious!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

MMJ_fanatic

well BB has a feminine voice and a really big pecker ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

ah ha ha ha.  Good one.

But, okay weird.  I never ever thought Big Bird was a woman.  Never thought his/her voice sounded feminine.

Now, snuffleupagus, however.  Those eyelashes?  hmmm...

sweatboard

Snuffy?  Come on now, that's my boy.  I just think Big Bird is probably Gay.  Not Ellen gay but Clay Aiken gay.      
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

if anyone is gay on SS it's got to be burt and ernie.  big bird is clearly asexual, and the only other character that's got a hint of any identity has to be oscar, what with the pissed off, i-haven't-got-laid-this-year attitude...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dogandponyshow

peanut butter puddin surprise

awwwwwwwwww c'mon, we're talking about the Muppets for chrissakes!  who doesn't love the ever loving shit out of the Muppets?  jokes aside, it's part of my childhood I'll never let go of!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

sweatboard

When you stop and think about it, it's scary how good Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem were.  We had a band dress up like them and play a full set of thier song on holloween and it kicked ass as hell.  I wish I had been able to get ahold of one of those set lists and where was my damnn camera.

sweatboard

Pitchfork: Speaking of Poison, you head one of the few acts in which one hears as much metal as soul. What's the soundtrack in the tour van?

James: Oh man, everything. Danzig 2: Lucifuge has been in heavy rotation, as has Europe's The Final Countdown. Roy Orbison's Best Of. Strange mix CDs. And Erykah Badu live. Also we've been jamming to the new Swearing at Motorists, Bobby Bare Jr., and Ben Kweller. As well as the Scorpions' Love at First Sting and The Muppet Movie Soundtrack.

Even Jim is on to The Mayhem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EC

The Muppet Movie soundtrack is awesome.  There's this benefit in Toronto, put on for kids charity (Jazz for Herbie), and they got all of the really good local jazz musicians to come out.  There's a theme, and one year it was Muppet/Sesame Street songs.  Soooooo goooooood.  

You can't even believe how crazy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 is.  

dogandponyshow

Guess I will have to go pick it up.....

D.

sweatboard

"When I say fantastic, I don't mean good," he continued, "because I don't know if they're good or not. But I've always been inspired by things like "The Muppet Show," the "Wonderful World of Disney" and Roy Orbison — stuff that's really magical."

-Jim James

sweatboard

"He refers to the emotional frankness of his inspiration, The Muppets, as "the pinnacle of human achievement", and speaks of their creator, Jim Henson, with the same reverence that others might reserve for Jimi Hendrix."

I didn't realize how much the muppets have inspired Jim James.

EC

Heh.  Seems that people named Jim are made of magic.

(hm.  MOST people named Jim.  I do know a bad one.)

SMc55

(dith, now every time you post, I keep envisioning a British Mum and her daughter dancing to Word Up on some crazy mat that lights up where you're supposed to be stepping.  A nice little vision in my head.)

That's a pretty accurate picture, EC  ;)

It is the real version of Word up, by the way. It's cool but a Mahgeetah version would be much cooler  8)