Game of Pricks

Started by johnconaway, Jan 04, 2005, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

okay, my obsession with all things GBV is well documented here, so this isn't a surprise...but man that is one tasty tune.  so fucking good.  just about indie rock perfection, if that exists...

I've heard that Jimmy Eats World has a cover of this.  WTF?  Can anyone confirm or deny that??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

wordawg

Just looked on Bear Share.  JEW do have a cover of it. Its there to download if anybody ever does such a thing ::)
the future is Ginger

dogandponyshow

I am still trying to deal with it.....

D.

EC

Giddy Brown Vermin?
Gowns by Versace?
Gifted by

oh damn.  Guided By Voices.  I get it now.

hey greggy, thanks for the confirmation.

and EC, you know about GBV, right?  ;)

EC

You know, I know them by name.  I think I've checked out their website from the links page here...

I have never heard their music.   :-[

on edit:  I am listening to mp3s RIGHT NOW!

QuoteYou know, I know them by name.  I think I've checked out their website from the links page here...

I have never heard their music.   :-[

HOLY COW girl!  We're gonna have to hook you up, it's an unhealthy/healthy obsession of the musical sort...

they have a "hits" CD out that's a great way to start, just came out last year.  "game of pricks" is also on it...

8)

EC

Word.  

I am very much enjoying the titles "Everyone Thinks I'm a Raincloud (When I'm Not Looking)", "Running Off With the Fun City Girls" and "The Top Chick's Silver Chord".

They are excellent titles.  

yup, Bobby Pollard is all about song titles...

dogandponyshow

No one even gets close to Bob in regards to song titles. A master.  And yeah EC....you need to get on board.  They recently put out a box set that is certainly worth the purchase. And as Johnconaway said they put a a greatest hits dics that will give you a full flavor.  Also, their new disc Half Smiles of the Decomposed is great.

D.