favorite Movies about music?

Started by sweatboard, Dec 20, 2004, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Amedaus does in fact RAWK.  Roch Me AMEMDEAUS ROK Me.  Seriously though I loved the movie I had forgotten about it but it was facinating.  As far as the Wizard of Oz and Darkside, does anyone know details about this as far as....
A. What has the band said about it?
B. When were each released?
C. How many times do you have to play the cd to cover the entire dvd?
D. Any other movies out there that sink up to CD's?

I'm curious because I've never heard or read one single comment about this from any of the band members.
There's Still Time.........

EC

I have no idea if they've said anything about it...  I also have no idea what you're supposed to do, because, well, I've never set it up, and it's always been playing in the background.  (Mostly highschool, it happened a bit in University, and again, don't remember tooooo much about it.)

Dude, your various takes on the spelling of rock were rauk.

Jellyfish

QuoteAlso, I can't believe I forgot about The Wall.  Has anyone ever listened to it while watching The Wizard of Oz?  Or is that Dark Side of the Moon?

It is Dark side/Wizard of Oz.If you look on Ebay,you will find a custom made DVD that someone has attached the audio of DSOTM to the TWOO movie.I have watched it here at home just using my cd player and starting the movie at the same time.There are a few interesting coincidences,like the scarecrow dancing to "The lunatic is in the grass".

I actually prefer the Meddle/2001:A Space Odyssey deal.I like this much better and back when this movie was being made,it is rumored that Kubrick wanted the song "Echoes" as the soundtrack to the film.Course it never happened.If you have the Live at Pompeii DVD,at the beginning of the movie,you can hear someone breathing,just like the movie,near the end,when you hear Dave breathing.It does take some imagination for all this,and some people are gonna come away not satisfied.But if you turn out all the lights,light a candle and light something else,it is a pretty cool experience.

As for the band members,I am sure they would not/do not approve.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

fitzcarraldo

24 Hour Party People, as Borat would say..."Iz Ni-ice, I Li-ike!" Big time props for Amadeus!

EC

QuoteBut if you turn out all the lights,light a candle and light something else,it is a pretty cool experience

I find that works for just about every situation!

Zmog1974

QUADROPHENIA...OH YES

IMMORTAL BELOVED-BEETHOVEN LOVE STORY
AMADEUS

AND THE BEST FICTIONAL MUSIC LOVING FILM HAS GOTTA BE MR HOLLANDS OPUS....TOP BANANA FILM.
OH YEAH AND RALPH MACHIO'S CROSSROADS.

marktwain

Had to bring this topic back, 'cause we all forgot about 'The Harder They Come'.  How'd that happen?

"rivers of babylon" and "many rivers to cross" - so friggin' good!