Autographed MMJ Poster: Charity Auction

Started by Jack Cregan, Jan 11, 2005, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that they make PBR in bottles.   :o
There's Still Time.........

EC

Zmog1974

What the hell is god damn PBR...ive missed this train ???

Jack Cregan

Quoteas "Boa Constrictor Chavez"? :D

indeed. this is what had me hornswoggled.

thanks for the bids guys. i can't say i was expecting it to fetch that much. don't let that stop you upping your bids though!

EC

How on earth did I miss the word hornswoggled?  What a fucking terrific word!!!!

28 minutes until this auction is over, if anybody cares to make a bid...

:)

sweatboard

Wow Megan, You are way to nice.  I hope you get it.
There's Still Time.........

EC

I got it!  Yeah!  Okay, I have to figure out how to actually get it (it's in England).

Huzzah!!!

EC

QuoteWhat the hell is god damn PBR...ive missed this train

Sorry, I never saw this post.  Okay, PBR=Pabst Blue Ribbon.  The Pabst, I cannot tell you about because I don't know.  Blue is a colour, and ribbon is a thing that is like a strip and made of material.  Together, they form a kind of special award.  You might win one if you beat eveyone else in a track meet or your horse won in a race.  I'm not sure what specific kind of medal that Pabst is supposed to win.  

PBR is a kind of beer.  It's a great beer.  It's an even greater beer if you drink it in Nashville at Robert's where it's $2/can.  (Or $1/can if you're in the place beside Robert's.)  I can't tell you if the Exit/In serves PBR because I believe I was drinking Heineken that night.

If you have further questions, please ask away.

corey

The $1 PBRs were in the little bar beside Robert's apparently. We learned that the hard way.  :)
Robert's had some awesome cheese fries though.
I was watching a football game that was shot in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and they showed some clips from places in Nashville and included a shot of a band playing on stage at Robert's. Man, I love that place.

EC

QuoteThe $1 PBRs were in the little bar beside Robert's apparently. We learned that the hard way.  :)
Robert's had some awesome cheese fries though.
I was watching a football game that was shot in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and they showed some clips from places in Nashville and included a shot of a band playing on stage at Robert's. Man, I love that place.

Me, TOO!  My friend had made me promise that I would go there, because he loves it so much.  (Mind you, I was so happy because we'd just seen the most incredible concert ;), that I would've been happy anywhere.)

corey

Yeah, the band was kind of lame the night that we were all there. Some of us went the night before and they had a good act that night. It was also busy as hell. We sat up in the seats at the top of the stairs.

BTW, congrats on getting the poster!  :)

SMc55

QuoteI got it!  Yeah!  Okay, I have to figure out how to actually get it (it's in England).

Huzzah!!!

If I remember correctly, the description did say he would post overseas. If there's a problem, you can have it sent to me and I'll post it to you.

Congrats on getting the poster and well done for making such a generous donation.

EC

Hey - that's nice of you to offer!  I think it's all good, though.   :)

QuoteYeah, the band was kind of lame the night that we were all there

Ha - my favourite was the guitar player in the cowboy hat.  I remember thinking that one of them was a really good player, and he seemed a little shy to be playing with those guys.  I mean, they were good musicians, all of them.  They just, ah...  seemed as though they would've fit very well on the country music television station, perhaps next to a video from Shania.

My favourite part about Robert's (aside from the PBR) were the paintings of famous players they had on the wall.  

MMJ_fanatic

So HOW MUCH DID THE POSTER SELL FOR???
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

I was just about to post!  It came today!  It's great - it's that one of the honey bear.  And it's up in the kitchen, and I didn't even suggest that - my roommate did!  It matches perfectly with our (mistake) kraft dinner/cheese slice (I think you guys call it American cheese) coloured kitchen.

Um, it wasn't a crazy amount.  But it's for charity, so that's good!

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC