Jim James in "I'm Not There"

Started by folieadeux322, Mar 25, 2008, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

folieadeux322

Quotethat was a great scene...actually probably the best in the whole flick. but brace yourself that movie is one hard watch. no entertainment factor with nothing even close to a coherent narrative. i think it was overated because people wanted to make themselves look smart by praising it.

anyway sorry for the rant and negativity. just as a huge movie buff I can't think of a movie I have seen in the theater that I have enjoyed less in years.

huge Dylan fan too by the way.

I think you need to know a lot of Dylan history for the movie to make sense. I picked up on 90 % of the references and I knew what really happened and what was a fabrication from all the Dylan books I've read.

I enjoyed it for what it was. I do think that the casual Dylan fan would find it difficult to piece together what the heck is going on for the most part.

Truth be told, the reason I liked it is because I'm a Bob Zombie. I usually like anything associated with the guy.
Take off those glasses and let down your hair for me...

BH

Is there a lot of the music from the soundtrack actually in the movie?  Or is it just a small portion of the tracks?  Anybody know when it hits DVD?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Doh!  I'm a little slow today db.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

folieadeux322

QuoteIs there a lot of the music from the soundtrack actually in the movie?  Or is it just a small portion of the tracks?  Anybody know when it hits DVD?

I'd say it's mixed between the soundtrack versions and real Dylan versions. Goin' to Acapulco is the best song on the soundtrack. Jack Johnson also does a nice cover of Last Thoughts on Woody Guthrie.
Take off those glasses and let down your hair for me...

MickeyReds

Steve is STILL GAY! Not that there is anything wrong with that! ;D
As long as you keep a straight face...

aMD

I was surprised with how little music from the soundtrack is in the movie.  I personally thought the soundtrack was great and had many highlights.  However, only the first six or seven songs on the soundtrack out of the 40 they had available actually made it in to movie.  I thought that that was a bit odd, but what ever.

Highlights from the soundtrack include Los Lobos' "Billy #4", the Hold Steady doing "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window", Yo La Tango's "Fourth Time Around", Cat Power's "Stuck inside of Mobile", and many more like Jim doing "Goin to Acapulco"