Main Menu

best drummers.....

Started by ratsprayer, Oct 15, 2006, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tired Eyes

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
Patrick Carney of The Black Keys. He's the only drummer I've seen that broke a stick right in half from hitting the drums so hard (maybe it happens more than I know but I haven't ever seen that).

I once saw Khanate at Tonic in NYC.  Tim Wyskida was the drummer.  He broke 3 drum sticks during their set.  It was astounding.

FiddleCastro

I totally forgot about Matt Barrick of the Walkmen:

Walkmen - The Rat (Live Conan O'Brian)

and Matt Thomas of The Joy Formidable:

The Joy Formidable - Whirring (Live on KEXP)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

refundpolicy

Jean-Paul Gaster, from Clutch

FiddleCastro

Quote from: refundpolicy on Apr 28, 2013, 05:02 PM
Jean-Paul Gaster, from Clutch

HOW THE HECK DID I FORGET HIM TOO??  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

buaawwww

Sidus

I like Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree, but I don't know anything about drumming, so maybe it's nothing special at all :P

Example:
Gavin Harrison Drum Solo

Jaimoe

ericm

I'd put Phil Collins in his prime up there with anyone. Not only could he drum his ass off, but when he took over vocals when Gabriel left he sang quite a bit from his kit. Fantastic to see, and hear. Unfortunately as the years went by he sang less, and less from there, and became more of a frontman. He still drummed, but mostly during the instramental parts. He was great out front too, but I missed seeing him primarily as a drummer.

We only got one tune in 07 with Phil singing from the kit, but we did get treated to this sweet duet with Chester Thompson.

A Conversation With Two Stools >Los Endos

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgt-L4uS8Mo
"Where's Jim going?"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: ericm on Jun 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'd put Phil Collins in his prime up there with anyone. Not only could he drum his ass off, but when he took over vocals when Gabriel left he sang quite a bit from his kit. Fantastic to see, and hear. Unfortunately as the years went by he sang less, and less from there, and became more of a frontman. He still drummed, but mostly during the instramental parts. He was great out front too, but I missed seeing him primarily as a drummer.

We only got one tune in 07 with Phil singing from the kit, but we did get treated to this sweet duet with Chester Thompson.

A Conversation With Two Stools >Los Endos

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgt-L4uS8Mo

Don't forget Brand X

Brand X - Hate Zone
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ericm

Definitely wouldn't forget that, but figured there might not be many familiar with him being in that. Hell, I find most people now only know him as that "Disney" tunes guy.  :wink:

It's a shame that now the man can't even hold a stick anymore. By the end of the 07 tour his nerve degeneration had taken it's toll, and before he gave up drumming for good, he had to have the sticks taped into his hands. I don't know if it's gotten any better lately, but it can't be easy to have a gift like that all your life, and then not be able to do it anymore.

Brand X  Nuclear Burn

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=SrN4_Eg2Zx4
"Where's Jim going?"