Main Menu

CCR

Started by Chills, Mar 02, 2005, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

rediscovered this totally amazing band, they truly bring the essence of rock and a roll!
What a bunch of amazing songs they have made in such a short span of time.

Just listen to Cosmo's Factory; that album rocks!
And they could pull off covers of Marvin Gaye (I Heard It Through The Grapevine) and Screaming Jay Hawkins (I Put A Spell On You) classics without sounding ridiculous...

Respect the CCR!

EC

QuoteRespect the CCR!

WORD!

SmoothOprtr

Saw John Fogerty at Farm Aid about 5 years ago... like many I own CCR greatest hits and wasn't expecting much out of performance other than timing a "Centerfield" joke... he opened with Born on the Bayou and the place went wild... he was easily the best performer that night and the entire set kicked ass... the problem with CCR is they were so good, and had so many hits, that the radio has worn most of them out to the point where it's tough to want to put one of their albums on when you get home....
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

SunflowerZen124

;D

Love me some Creedence
Holy crap, did I just hear an elk in my living room?

MMJ_fanatic

Fogarty has some GREAT classic riffs in his library too--think of the guitar in "Sweet Hitchhiker" "Fortunate Son" and "Suzie Q"  verrry tasty
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

CCR are one of my favourite bands to put on when there's a juke box.

In fact, if they got 'em, I will always play them.

(Mind you, I generally spend about $27 every time there's a juke box so that I can program the entire night, and avoid Beyonce and Aqua tragedies.)

(Unless they choose Crazy in Love, which for some reason, I can enjoy.)

SmoothOprtr

I do the same thing so I don't have to hear "Let's Get it Started" 50 times a night.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Garth69

The song Ramble Tamble that opens Cosmo's Factory is one of their best non-hit songs. That's one I'd love to see MMJ cover. There's not a bad song on that album. If they didn't have so many hits this album could almost serve as a best of collection.

Drunkre

Quotethe problem with CCR is they were so good, and had so many hits, that the radio has worn most of them out to the point where it's tough to want to put one of their albums on when you get home....

Generally agreed on this point.  That's why I find it gratifying to listen to those songs not really popular on today's radio (e.g. Someday Never Comes; Sweet Hitchhiker; etc...admittedly these songs were not recorded with all original members intact, but they still kick ass).
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

dogandponyshow

Hmmmmm.....one band that I simply can't stand.  No real god explanation but just a band that seems to rub in the wrong way no matter what.

D.

MMJ_fanatic

Quotethe problem with CCR is they were so good, and had so many hits, that the radio has worn most of them out to the point where it's tough to want to put one of their albums on when you get home....

depends on what station you listen to, I haven't heard a CCR tune on the radio in ages so I think I'll drag out my greatest hits this weekend ;D

chunt983

"long as I can see the light" is one of the best songs of all time IMO. almost brings a tear to my eye every time i hear it...

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteAqua tragedies.)

ha! now that one's a milk snorter :D

wordawg

John Fogarty has written some ace pop music (this goes for post CCR too).

Him class.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

tomEisenbraun

QuoteAqua tragedies.)

c'mon, you know you love Barbie Girl. Aquarium was easily one of my favortie albums of fourth grade. Those were some very sad (but hip and happenin) times for me
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Okay.  I admit that I probably danced to Barbie Girl.  BUT, I was also probably DRUNK, AND I was in UNIVERSITY.

FOURTH GRADE?  Jebus Christos.  

I liked Culture Club in grade four.