Neil Young suffers brain aneurysm

Started by jellyfish, Apr 02, 2005, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

jeez, that scared me.  I'm glad to see he's improving and expected to recover.

EC

I know.  I was in a cab this morning, and the radio came on and was talking about the Pope, and then they mentioned Neil, and we had come to our stop, but I didn't want to get out until I heard he was okay.

Not a good two minutes this morning.  :(  

But it sounds like he's recovering all right.  The radio announcer (or his pr guy or whatever) said:  "Even though the surgery was very successful, Neil's going to have to rest for a little while post operation."

Really?  He just had brain surgery and he needs to rest?  What is he, weak?  ;)

I think he was really excited about playing the Junos.  (Those are the Canadian Music Awards for those of you who don't know, which might be a lot of you.  ha.  Which might be a lot of Canadians, as well...)

marktwain

And yesterday I heard that Mitch Hedberg had died (http://www.mitchhedberg.net/).  He was by far the funniest comedian I've ever heard, and if you've never seen or heard him, you should definitely look for his cds or videos.

EC

QuoteAnd yesterday I heard that Mitch Hedberg had died (http://www.mitchhedberg.net/).  He was by far the funniest comedian I've ever heard, and if you've never seen or heard him, you should definitely look for his cds or videos.

Yeah, that was pretty damn sad.  :(

(I guess the pope has now officially passed away.  RIP Pope.)

tomEisenbraun

woah!

That sucks. Mitch was by far one of my top three fave comedians. (Plus, if I pulled your legs off, you would look like snowmen)

How did he die?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Gripe

That's a shame. Mitch Hedberg was probably the funniest comic I've ever heard. Really shitty news.

EC

Apparently he died from heart failure, his Mom says that he had a heart condition.  But he was pretty messed up the last little while, too...  Doing really, really weird shit at shows, and causing people to wonder what the hell was going on.

So.  :(

SmoothOprtr

Hedburg had a drug problem, but it sounds like mom would rather believe 'natural causes' were the cause... I was never a big fan of this guy (not that it isn't sad that someone so young passes)... I think Sam Kinison, or I guess now Rodney Dangerfield get my vote for best non-living comedian.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Jellyfish

Last Update: Tuesday, April 5, 2005. 7:36am (AEST)

Neil Young out of hospital after surgery

Singer-songwriter Neil Young is out of hospital and expected to make a full recovery after undergoing surgery in New York for a potentially fatal brain aneurism, his publicist says.

"He's out of the hospital and recuperating in New York," said the 59-year-old rock legend's agent, Bob Merlis.

Young underwent what doctors described as "minimally invasive neuroradiology" on Tuesday, after an MRI scan - conducted after Young complained of blurred vision - revealed a dangerous brain aneurism.

"The doctors say his progress has been excellent and the expectation is that he will make a full recovery," Mr Merlis said.

He says Young will go to Nashville in the next few days to finish some recording work.

The Canadian star had to cancel his performance last Sunday at the Juno Awards, the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys.

A founding member of California folk rockers Buffalo Springfield, the Toronto-born Young went solo in 1968, performing and recording new material through the late 1990's, often with his band Crazy Horse.

His solo records include the classics After the Gold Rush in 1970 and Harvest in 1972.

- AFP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1338164.htm
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

Yay!  Poor guy.  

QuoteA founding member of California folk rockers Buffalo Springfield, the Toronto-born Young went solo in 1968, performing and recording new material through the late 1990's, often with his band Crazy Horse.

That's a weird little mini-biography.  First of all, they mention BS instead of CSNY (am I crazy or is CSNY the more well-known of the two?)  AND they don't mention that he's also been creating new music in this decade as well.  

Just odd, that's all.

Thanks for the update Jellyfish!