Concerts in Louisville this weekend

Started by antoniostrohs, Apr 17, 2005, 08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

I saw two fabulous concerts this weekend in Louisville.Friday it was Bobby Bare Jr.It was just a three piece ensemble with all three taken turns on bass.Even the drummer(who was great and reminded me Patrick's style)would play drums with one hand and also play bass on sometime of small keyboard.They really rocked the small crowd that was there and sounded even better that ever.Saturday night was Paul Westerberg of the mighty Relacements fame.He rocked the house solidly for about 2.5 hours.Delighted the big crowd by playing alot of the great Replacements tunes and some of his solo stuff.Fun!Fun!Fun!

EC

Yaaayyyy!  I love Bobby Bare Junior.  (Hey, did he put fake flowers up his mic stand?)

Wow, and didn't you see Steve Earle recently?  I LOVE when the weather starts getting warm and all the bands start touring again.  :)

antoniostrohs

Yes he had fake flowers draped over just about everything from the drum kit,montiors and the amps.

Timmy

Saw Paul Westerberg at Headliners and it was too cool!

peanut butter puddin surprise

anyone going to see ...and you will know us by the trail of the dead?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

No probably won't go to that show but would love to see The Black Keys tomorrow night @ Headliners.But so many shows and so little money!

peanut butter puddin surprise

damn it!  looks like I'm missing that one too.  :'(
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there