Nuuuuuuuuge.

Started by EC, Apr 20, 2005, 08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

EC, please still come! i can assure you that there are people in texas who think the nuge is a moron, and also a certain president who used to be governor here.

hee!  I actually wasn't coming to TX, lady.  Well, not this time anyhow.  And don't worry, I wouldn't let the Nuge stop me.   I'd fight his guns with love. :)

tomEisenbraun

Ah screw it, i think I dug a hole. Government is pretty nice, and we get most of our shit settled in court, but there is still a lot out there that doesn't get fixed. I don't think arming the citizens will stop it, or fix it, but it might at least give them a better chance to protect themselves and the ones they love. But a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality does nothing for justice. Unless you catch em in the act.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Good work, Eisey!  Thank you for recognizing that it's not a black and white issue.  :)

tomEisenbraun

Oh totally, but I think if people excersized the right to bear arms a little more strongly, there'd be a bit less to worry about. that is, exept for the idiots with itchy trigger fingers. There is no ultimate, "this is better" because both ideas have their flaws, and i think that bearing arms probably has more.

thebigbang

QuoteShould I worry about Ted when I'm down there?  He's in Texas, right?  Okay.  I'm not going to Texas.

I'm pretty sure he is a Canadian neighbor from Michigan, I think Detroit.

Because of this thread I had to check out his website.  It is a wonder of ignorance and over the top machismo. See for yourself:
http://www.tednugent.com/
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Oz

I have just one question:

Who the hell is Ted Nugent?  ???
I'm ready when you are

EC

He's a wacky rock and roller.  Here's a quote from his website:
Quote"My insane life of over-the-top
rock-and-roll wild ground adventure has produced way too much cool stuff.  The Uncle Ted American Dream Cup runneth over, and I'm willing to share with my civilian public. First come, first served, but bring your spirit and attitude"
Very generous.  Tom included him in the battle plan: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/battleplan.html

(I always get him mixed up with Peter Frampton)

tomEisenbraun

oh come on. Nuge and Frampton? Frampton is amazing, not to mention quite gifted with a talkbox. The Nuge is sheer balls and sex jokes. Plus, Framptons british. And I'm sure he never performed anything near similar to "Yank Me, Crank Me, but Don't Wake Up and Thank Me".

Seriously, find yourself a copy of Frampton Comes Alive, if not solely for the somg "do you feel like we do". Sgeer amazingness.

EC

It's only in looks, Eisey.  I do have a Peter Frampton record at home.  :)

SmoothOprtr

I can't believe that Ted Nugent AND Boston were both mentioned as possibly having written the greatest rock song of all time.  There must be about a 1000 bands whose worst day tops either of those monstrosities.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteI can't believe that Ted Nugent AND Boston were both mentioned as possibly having written the greatest rock song of all time.  There must be about a 1000 bands whose worst day tops either of those monstrosities.

LOL, that's hilarious.  how about deep blue something?  the toadies?  dazz band?  coney hatch?!  jonzon crew?  haircut 100?!?? faster pussycat?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Rabid_Washcloth

It doesn't matter who wrote and performed Stranglehold; it's a badass song.  Next time it's on, crank it up and see for yourself.  The song is the epitome of gritty and raw rock-and-roll.  Granted, the lyrics try a little too hard, but musically the song stands alone.  

I personally can't stand any of Nugent's other music, much less him.  I don't even own a Nugent album.  I think he's a washed up loon.  

Drunkre

Plus he always had the coolest names for his albums (only sorta half joking).  I mean, if you can beat "Intensities In Ten Cities," I'd like to see you try.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI can't believe that Ted Nugent AND Boston were both mentioned as possibly having written the greatest rock song of all time.  There must be about a 1000 bands whose worst day tops either of those monstrosities.

Oh man, just you listen to some Boston. Crank it up and listen. I mean, "Foreplay/Long Time" has simply one of the best intros ever, and then just the amazing sustaining feedback through the verses, and then the amazing harmonies everywhere. If you have this song cranked, you HAVE to rock out. Peace of Mind - also amazing. Hell, their self-titled album, with the exception of the last song ont here (which i always skip) is sheer amazingness. Their in my top three all time fave rock bands. Its MMJ, Boston, and Led Zep.

SmoothOprtr

In response to several posts...

Stranglehold is a cool song, but when you start quantifying it as the "greatest rock song ever" you're getting a little carreid awayin my opinion...

As for Boston- if having cool intros were the basis for greatness, Fly Like an Eagle by Steve Miller Band must be the second greatest song ever- just ask the post office

And John- Faster Pussycat rules! LOL  I know my tape is still somewhere.... ugh
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

EC

QuoteFly Like an Eagle by Steve Miller Band must be the second greatest song ever- just ask the post office

HA!   ;D