Vhs or Beta Derby Eve show

Started by antoniostrohs, May 02, 2005, 07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

For all you fans in the Louisville area,Don't forget about Vhs or Beta show this Friday night at Headliners.They have been on the road for awhile so it'll be great to see them again.From what I hear they are really excited to be coming back and playing for the home crowd for Derby weekend.Your Black Star and Elecric Six open the show.They are great comrades with our boys in MMJ are a fabulous show as Mr.Conaway can tell you

Me and thirteen of my closest friends will be in attendance.  I sure hope they will follow this up by spinning records at Main Street Lounge until 6 a.m.  I will provide the Sparks because partying until 6 in the morning requires more than one Sparks.  

kymoose

This should be a great show.....the only problem is--it's Derby Eve and there are literaly 1,000 other happening things to do.

Still planning on attending.

peanut butter puddin surprise

welp, i gotta pass as it is my 16th anniversary that night!  :o
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Quotewelp, i gotta pass as it is my 16th anniversary that night!  :o

John, Congrats on the anniversary!  Getting married at Derby time--how was that?

John, Congrats on the anniversary!  Getting married at Derby time--how was that?

ah, when we got married we didn't live in kentucky...and didn't think about the derby at all!  but it really makes for a fun night due to the festival atmosphere that's everywhere...:)

antoniostrohs

Congrats on the anniversary my brother.We just celebrated our 24th on April 25.You guys have fun and we'll miss you at the show.

EC

QuoteCongrats on the anniversary my brother.We just celebrated our 24th on April 25.You guys have fun and we'll miss you at the show.
24th!!
16th!!

Hoooooray!  Congratulations!  :D

thanks man!  hard to believe it was 1989 when we got hitched... :o

SmoothOprtr

Congrats on 16...

You know I have been pumping VHS or Beta for about 6 monthes and everytime I tell someone about them, they tell me I should be listening to The Killers.  So finally, I figured since I love VHS or Beta I would try these guys out as well since they were supposedly from the same mold.  

Well, while The Killers aren't bad, I don't think their album is even in the same league as Night on Fire by VHS or Beta.  Anyone have both of these discs and an opinion?
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

DD

i have them both.  that killers disc i feel is better.  both discs kinda taper off though as they play.  both probbably would have captured my attention better as eps.  the two singles the killers have released so far are just frickin great.

i really dig the single from vhs, its why i bought the album.  but then the album doesnt really go anywhere.  it sort of keeps the same beats, guitar sounds, and it even seems like is in the same key throughout the whole thing.  it just gets kinda boring as it goes on.  i really dig the direction these guys are taking, i would just like to hear a little more variety in the songs and sounds.  i think if astralwerks hooks these guys up with the right producer they could make one super amazing album.  i can remember the first time i saw raze (which featured members of vhs or beta) thinking those guys were going to go far.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

antoniostrohs

It was another great show by Vhs or Beta this past Friday.
The boys were on top their game and the house was packed  and "ROCKIN". The opening bands Your Black Star and Electric Six also put on a very cool  set of rock and roll. Saw Two-Tone Tommy and Patrick there.Got to talk to Patrick and his wife for a few seconds.They are both the sweetest people ever.It was a great Derby Eve Jam.