http://www.theonion.comThe Onion strikes again....

Started by johnconaway, May 11, 2005, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

heh.  God love the onion.  That's wicked.

Hey did anybody ever see that documentary?  The one about the Rumble in the Jungle?  I always meant to and never did...  

marktwain

'When We Were Kings' - it's really good.
I saw it before I moved to Louisville, so I didn't know very much about Ali at the time

EC

Quote'When We Were Kings'
Yes that's the one!

(p.s. - tundra, I rented the new Criterion Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night, except they only had disc one.  There is a disc two with a TONNE of stuff.  It's you who loves Wes Anderson, too, right?)

marktwain

Yes, & I just got an email from Netflix, saying Life Aquatic is on its way.  I hope it's 2 discs!

SmoothOprtr

I used to be a film critic for some smaller publications and I never understood what all the excitement over Wes Anderson was.  Having said that, I don't think there was a movie last year that was funnier than Life Aquatic.  Both my buddy and I had tears in our eyes we were laughing so hard.  Of course my wife was there too, also crying that she had to stay till the end...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

marktwain

I think Royal Tenenbaum is one of the funniest and saddest films I've ever seen.  Brilliant.  Bottle Rocket I've only seen once - it's okay.  Rushmore is really good.  But Royal Tenenbaums is brilliant.

EC

QuoteI think Royal Tenenbaum is one of the funniest and saddest films I've ever seen.  Brilliant.  Bottle Rocket I've only seen once - it's okay.  Rushmore is really good.  But Royal Tenenbaums is brilliant.

Rushmore is my favourite.  But I love them all, separately and for different reasons.  Bottle Rocket is hellaciousc's favourite, and - hey Corey, what's your favourite?  I don't even know.

Anyhow.  Pure love.  :)

antoniostrohs

I agree with hellaciousc,I love bottle Rocket with the Wilson boys and James Caan is so funny.Second favorite is Rushmore which is so sublime with the brilliant Bill Murray.