MMJ Feature in Relix's June issue

Started by cmccubbin@work, Apr 14, 2008, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmccubbin@work

http://www.relix.com/Features/Daily_News/My_Morning_Jacket%E2%80%99s_Kentucky_Homecoming_(and_SNL_Debut)_200804142836.html

My Morning Jacket will play a special hometown show on The Great Lawn at Kentucky's Louisville Waterfront Park on August 16. The hard-touring group will spend most of the summer on the road in support of their fifth studio album Evil Urges, including stops at Bonnaroo, Radio City Music Hall and Whistler, BC's Pemberton Festival. Though MMJ traditionally plays Louisville around Thanksgiving, last November the group skipped its annual hometown show to work on Evil Urges. The quintet has also confirmed a new round of international dates, bringing the band to Toronto (6/16), Montreal (6/17), Sheffield (6/25), Bristol (6/16), Manchester (6/27), Glastonbury, UK (6/29), Hamburg (7/1),Koln , Germany (7/2), Werchter, Belgium (7/4), Kent, UK (7/6), Amsterdam (7/8), Paris (7/9), Nottingham, UK (7/11), Glasgow, Scotland (7/13), London (7/15) and Benicassim, Spain (7/19). In addition, My Morning Jacket will make its Saturday Night Live debut on May 10. Look for an extended feature on My Morning Jacket in the June issue of Relix.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Relix, Magnet, Rolling Stone, Spin - MMJ is all over the board.  I love how they bring in so many different fans from all different genre's.  Cant wait to read the article.  
God damn those shaky knees.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteRelix, Magnet, Rolling Stone, Spin - MMJ is all over the board.  I love how they bring in so many different fans from all different genre's.  Cant wait to read the article.  

i'd be more satisfied with a cover on relix or harp than rolling stone(i know you didn't say anything about a cover but it was brought up in another thread), rolling stone is just not relevant to me.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Andrushka

Since the band is getting so much press, tour dates are being announced, etc... do you think we'll get a single soon? It's about time for us to learn single details.

DaFunkyPrecedent

QuoteSince the band is getting so much press, tour dates are being announced, etc... do you think we'll get a single soon? It's about time for us to learn single details.

Yes
God damn those shaky knees.