Damon and Naomi

Started by johnconaway, May 17, 2005, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

okay, maybe I've rapped about this before but the rhythm section of Galaxie 500 is surely a duo of musical genius.  check out "the mirror phase" with Ghost (Japanese rockers) or just about anything, for that matter.  really digging it right now.

thoughts?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Totally dig.  I was into them about 8 years ago, and haven't gone back since (you know, the boy was into it, so was I, and then we broke up, and...)  But I do remember really liking them.  

And they had their own thing, right?  (Is that what you're talking about?)  I remember a cd cover with a picture (black and white?) of a guy and a girl...  I think....

peanut butter puddin surprise

er, sorry to bring back bad memories.  (I think...)

yup, they are married and rock you like a hurricane.  been putting out quality material for sub pop for a while now...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

wordawg

Never heard of them JC.

Must be my sheltered life?

wordawg
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Nor me. Thought when I saw the thread it might be a TV programme or something. Will have to check them out if JC & EC recommend them  :)

EC

Quoteer, sorry to bring back bad memories. (I think...)

Noooooo no. Good memories. We had a great time, we're still friends, it's good. ÊIt's just that he had the records. Ê;)

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=10:ozknu3qgandk - That was the one I knew.  :)