Main Menu

TV/Alias

Started by EC, May 15, 2005, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Okay.  I never watch tv.  It started about 8 years ago when I didn't have one, and then I got out of the habit, and never really got into it again.  Plus when I finally did get a tv (only so that I could hook the dvd player up to it), I didn't want to pay for cable.  One apartment had it for free, and I only ever watched Magnum PI.

Anyhow.  So.  This weekend I was introduced to Alias on dvd.  The first season.  We watched four episodes last night.  I'm sooooo hooked.  Plus, what the fuck?  TV shows on dvd are AWESOME!  No commercials, and then for a show like Alias, where you're all really into it, and then it ends just before the climax, you can just watch the next one.

Is anyone else into this show?  (Is it still on real tv?)

EC

Oh man.  I watched the 5th and 6th episodes last night, and I fear the writing is going downhill, some of the jokes are getting old, and the director has run out of ideas.

But maybe it'll pick up again?

MAN I have a short attention span.

peanut butter puddin surprise

To go totally against the grain, I think Jennifer Garner isn't attractive.  In fact, she gives me the "huz".

I don't know why either.  Her and Sandra Bullock both just shout out something I just can't like!  Maybe it's me...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

corey

I've heard the same thing about Alias. BUT, we mentioned "Lost" in the Bday thread and it was co-created by the guy that created Alias. While Alias does have a following, Lost seems to be more focused from what I have read about it. Lost rules, by the way. I've never seen an episode of Alias, so I can't comment on it.

whothrewthecake

i didn't mention it before, but i watch lost religiously. and i don't understand it, but everytime it goes to commercial, and that damn horn sound plays, i get so scared i wet myself.

corey

Yes, we call that little song "Butthole in a knot" around our house.

:)

niiiiiiiiiiiice.  i think Lost might get as good as X-Files, which used to be the Friday night standard back in the day...

antoniostrohs

Hey EC,I love Alias as well.It's just pure entertainment.It kind of reminds of a modern day Mission Impossible the TV series.The show has lots of action and gets political sometines.Great cast of good guys and bad guys.FUN!

EC

I think I'm going to stick it out, antoniostrohs.  If nothing else, the gadgets are very cool, and the fight scenes are fun.  And you're right, it's like a modern day Mission Impossible.  

John, I go back and forth with thinking she's nice looking, and finding her facial expressions too false, rendering her somewhat unappealing.  (From a girl's perspective anyhow.)  But what the hell is "the huz"?

QuoteBut what the hell is "the huz"?

muwhahahaahaha....

I think we hashed this out long ago, but the huz is the indescribable feeling of artistic horror where your brain just freezes over.  Think Billy Ray Cyrus.  Doesn't that repulse you in any way?  Think Beverly Hills 90210...think Scott Stapp in a pink thong, your neighbors bathroom smells, or transvestite country singers with mullets (in pink thongs).  That's the basic concept of the huz.

EC

QuoteThink Beverly Hills 90210...think Scott Stapp in a pink thong, your neighbors bathroom smells, or transvestite country singers with mullets (in pink thongs).
Oooohh, I get it. ÊSo getting "the huz" is a good thing.

(hahahahahahahahaha) :)

marktwain

TV dvds are my jam, thanks to Netflix. No cable - its not worth the money, but I'm hooked on HBOs Carnivale, love Lost, and I cant wait to see season 2 of Chapelle's Show.

As for Alias, I've never seen it.  But I agree with John.  Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Garner are very unsexy.  Theres something vaguely manly about them.

EC

So.  I've got three more episodes to go from the first season.  This is the most "tv" I've watched in years.  I would like to be able to kick ass like Jennifer Garner does.  Manly or no, it's very very cool.  I am having dreams that I'm a spy.  So watch out. ;)

Anyhow, I'd just like to say that I wish they'd cut out all the fucking cheesy crap that they only stick in there because they think it "sells".  The stupid "friendship" crap that just makes you want to fast forward to the cool stuff.  

Plus, I want all of the highly wicked gadgets that they use.  I mean, not all of them, some of them I would never use.  But the device that erases noise for a 200 mile radius?  Awesome.  The machine that looks like a cellphone and scans people retinas and makes them into contact lenses so that you can pass retinal scans?  Want them.  I don't know what for.  

Mind you, I'd be just as happy to have an iPod.  heh.