Main Menu

MMJ in Mojo

Started by dragonboy, Apr 15, 2008, 01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Did this already get posted?

May Issue of Mojo (Specials on the cover)
1 page article in the Mojo Working section (who's in the studio, upcoming albums etc)

"When a record's done, in my mind it looks like a picture. Until we added one final song it was like looking at a painting that had a bunch of greens, purples and whites, and it just had to have a streak of red through it somewhere. Now I'm seeing the things I need to see." Jim

There's a picture of Jim in the studio + a picture Tommy (with a giraffe next to some amps/equipment) although Mojo has printed a mistake, saying it's Carl.

:)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Says that Cuba & India were considered before deciding upon Colorado  :o
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Jim James engaged Chiccarelli's services on the strength of his big break as an engineer in the late 70s
"He was Frank Zappa's guy for a long time," says James. "So if he'd dealt with somebody like Zappa, I felt pretty confident he could deal with the wide variety of soundscapes we were gonna throw at him."

bridget

thanks for the heads up!

Though I imagine they were kidding about Cuba, something like that would've been cool. As an American, it's legal for you to go to Cuba, but illegal for you to spend any money there, which makes it kinda tough:)

aMD

"Frank Zappa's guy"  :o

That HAS to be a good thing!