American movie

Started by Enrump, May 06, 2005, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrump

Have anyone of you seen the inspiring documentary "American movie"? That movie makes me wanna change my whole (non-existing) carrer and start making low-budget horror movies enrolling my drug-addict-alcoholic-lottery-obsessed best friend!!!!

corey

I own it.
It gave me hope. I thought that if that dude can finish a movie, then anyone can finish a movie.

hellaciousc

that movie is great.   the website for the movie used to have Mike's phone # on it.

it said to call him, and if he was home he'd talk to you.
how cool is that?

***i just checked the website.   here's what it says:

"Now you can call Mike Schank anytime, live in his basement. The number is 414-466-Mike. If he's home and he feels like it, he'll pick up."

Awesome

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Oz

Absolutely loved it!
I'm ready when you are

primushead

Yeah, it was definitely a good flick.  Has anyone seen Independence Day? :)

Enrump

Hahaha
I always watch American movie when I'm stressed about finishing something, and when I've seen it I realise I don't have anything to be stressed out about - I've got my whole life to finish it!

ms. yvon

this is a fantastic movie.  it's especially moving to see how his friends and family are all involved during the editing.

personal highlight:  mike shenk's scream in the recording booth!  quality!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Enrump

Yeah - that's great! My favourite part is the beginning when he's talking about the radio-theater thing he directed (when he was high as a house and drunk out of his mind) and they show the expression on his face when he realizes he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I can watch that over and over and over again....

ms. yvon

:D

there is a great bit in the deleted scenes section of the dvd.  mike, mark and ken are broken down on the side of the road in the snow.  someone asks mike what he is thinking.  he says, "if i was a member of AC-DC i wouldn't be standing here in the snow.  i'd be in my mansion practicing my guitar"

i love that guy.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Enrump

That's a good one. And the update of Matt and Dean (?) that's one of my favourites to....