Why My Morning Jacket???

Started by Bigsky, Apr 14, 2008, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

As a youngin' when it comes to MMJ, I was wondering where the name My Morning Jacket comes from...

Angry Ewok

Something about a bar catching on fire, something Jim, something about a jacket with something embroidered on it... ... ... Yeah...

Oh, but welcome to the forum!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Bigsky

QuoteSomething about a bar catching on fire, something Jim, something about a jacket with something embroidered on it... ... ... Yeah...

Oh, but welcome to the forum!

So it's unknown?

DaFunkyPrecedent

he saw the letters MMJ embrodered on a jacket on some picture in some bar...and the name My Morning Jacket just came. I think thats right...

My Morning Jacket means nothing and everything all at the same time.
God damn those shaky knees.

ycartrob

TheDude

Jim's favourite bar burnt down and as he was walking through the ruins, he cames across a jacket that had the initials MMJ on it and "my morning jacket" popped into his head, or so the story goes....
First Show: 05/22/06 Most Recent: 08/19/23 Total: 12

sweatboard

Simple, Jim woke up feeling frisky started stroking it and it just came to him.....pun intended.  :)
There's Still Time.........

aMD

QuoteJim's favourite bar burnt down and as he was walking through the ruins, he cames across a jacket that had the initials MMJ on it and "my morning jacket" popped into his head, or so the story goes....

that's the story.  but I think he just made it up much like the name itself.  :-/

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteJim's favourite bar burnt down and as he was walking through the ruins, he cames across a jacket that had the initials MMJ on it and "my morning jacket" popped into his head, or so the story goes....

that's the story.  but I think he just made it up much like the name itself.  :-/

I agree. I don't think anything he has ever said in interviews has been true.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Angry Ewok

He's the same way in person.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

user_FKA_webmoster

thats just like eddie vedder

Ghosts_on_TV

He's the same way in person.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I've met him, but I didn't really talk about anything that he would have to answer to.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...