Tonight I Wanna Celebrate With You

Started by sweatboard, Jul 04, 2005, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I hope everyone is having a great 4th.  I'm grilling up some Devil Dogs that I learned how to make on Rachel Rays 30 min. meals today.  I think I'll have some drinks and then listen to "The TN. Fire" a little later once everyone goes to bed.  I had predicted that the new album would come out just in time for us to enjoy on a warm TN 4th of July night, but that ship has sailed.  What are you all doing to celebrate?  I wish I had some fireworks.    
There's Still Time.........

Jellyfish

Thinking about Rachel Ray...now.  :D
Man she is hot.

Grilling
Chilling
Burning
That was my evening.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday...back to the grind for me tomorrow. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

sweatboard

Why are Rachel Rays boobs so high up?.......... Did you see when she posed for FHM or STUFF magazine with a short skirt on bending over to put her muffins in the stove? ;D  Have you seen that Itallian girl on the Food Network?  Now she is H-O-T!!!!!!  Jellyfish, I was sad that you burned some food on the grill, then I realized you were just getting ready for the fireworks.  
There's Still Time.........

tomEisenbraun

I went two different parties, with my quite lovely lady, and when it turned out to be too soggy for the fireworks show (and also to late to get seats) we went and saw War of the Worlds. Good evening. But not very Fourth-ish.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

darkglow

yesterday i had a terrible hangover from 4th of july weekend festivities and i didn't think i'd be doing anything last night due to no plans.

well, three of my friends are home for the weekend from the marines and they called and asked if i wanted to go to the TN river. i said yes. alot more people went, a few i didn't know. we were at paris landing and paris landing puts on a pretty expensive and impressive fireworks show each year. so we found a little secluded beach and decided to watch from there. we enjoyed the afternoon thoroughly, from seaweed (or riverweed i guess) fights to making up drinking games that involved throwing rocks into the water.

about 8pm rolls around and we all spot a massive gray and black sky behind us. we must have seen this storm coming for around 45 minutes and we'd casually talk about it every now and again, but it wasn't really on our minds too much, we figured it would just blow over. the wind picked up, and the sprinkles started coming down.

we decided to get the boat and head back since all signs were pointed towards a no go on the fireworks show. about ten minutes into the journey back and we experience monsoon-like rain. and then the intense wind. and then the terrible waves. i wrapped a blanket around my body and my head and just stared down at the floor of the boat. i'm pretty sure the 15 other people were doing the same thing sans the driver. it seemed like we'd get to a certain point and then the waves would pick us up and carry us back 30 feet. i looked over at the bridge that goes across the river and saw headlights moving at a minuscule amount of speed. that's when i figured out it was "that bad".

so finally we made it back to the marina in what seemed like and probably was an hour of being bamboozled by this bastard storm. i was completely sober at this point and sick of being wet.

i rode home with 2 of the 3 marine buddies, and we talked alot about where they've been, what they've done, where they're going. stuff like that.

they dropped me off at house, and i gave them a really big hug and a sincere "thank you for what you guys do, i'm proud of you and happy independance day." they were leaving straight from my house and driving 12 hours back to NC, which at this time of writing this they are probably approching knoxville (half way).

not the ideal independance day but it i wouldnt have traded it for any other.

EC

Wow darkglow.  That's really awesome.  I was glad to read that.

Happy 4th of July, Americans.

I did nothing Canadian on Canada Day (which was Friday) except drink PBR and eat barbeque with my American friends.  heh.  I worked all day yesterday and then went and saw this amazing show at night.

I did drink a PBR straight from Virginia, though.  And toasted my US pals and made a wish that your president won't blow up my country, or anyone else's for that matter.  ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, shiver me timbers, did the witch of november come early?  ;)  glad you made it in safely...

spent the 4th with my daughter at this great place called bernheim forest.  truly special.  8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMillionDreams

I love bernheim forrest!  Sounds like fun.
I went camping and my friends and I did a firewalk.  That means that we walked across a 20 foot long hot bed of coals.  I would recommend it for anyone.  It's pretty empowering to know that you can walk on fire  ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Chills

I watched George Bushes speech on CNN. Strange and interesting stuff.

QuoteI watched George Bushes speech on CNN. Strange and interesting stuff.

His voice is audio Epicac to me.  

Jellyfish

QuoteWhy are Rachel Rays boobs so high up?.......... Did you see when she posed for FHM or STUFF magazine with a short skirt on bending over to put her muffins in the stove? ;D  Have you seen that Itallian girl on the Food Network?  Now she is H-O-T!!!!!!  Jellyfish, I was sad that you burned some food on the grill, then I realized you were just getting ready for the fireworks.  

Hahaha...I burned something but it wasn't the food. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

jonjon

Quoteshiver me timbers, did the witch of november come early?

Well my dawn has come late, plus my breakfast had to wait cause I worked all weekend. I'll be starting my 4th celebrations in the morning. OK, I'm already drinking tonight.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

EC

Fuck-ing right.  I love him.  :)

jonjon

What is this sick twisted similarity? Were we seperated at birth? Split siamese triplets? I LOVE you guys!!!!!

jonjon

OK, more cheers and kudos to Mr. Lightfoot.
Yeah, I covered him too.

It's the Edmund Fitzgerald.

http://www.jonafun.com/Music_Chamber.html