a bold endeavor

Started by austinhavican, Jul 15, 2005, 12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinhavican

after inheriting my father's remarkable record collection, the amount of records i own has increased four fold to roughly 600 (i think). i know it's not a stunning figure but i'm impressed by, and proud of it.
anyways, i spent a few hours the other day alphabetizing and sleeving them, and the o.c.d. in me really wants to catalog them.
i was thinking maybe microsoft excel with columns for artist, title, year, condition, number of copies, how i got it... etc etc etc and was wondering if any of you guys/ladies have done this sort of thing and have any recommendations. a girl i work with said there was some sort of microsoft works template you could download that had most of this already, and it can sort it anyway you want. have any of you heard of this?
just looking for some advice before i spend the few days it takes to input all this info.
thank you in advance.
-AUSTIN
it's bright white and blinding

EC

Well, I'm not sure about previously existing templates, but I know that it'd be pretty easy to set it up in excel.  Just assign different tasks for each column (like alphabetizing, and totalling and stuff), and just plunk in all the info and it'll sort everything for you.

I have done a lot of budgets that way.  A lot.  Too many.  No more budgets!