Main Menu

Bravo EC!

Started by RyanCorpse, Jul 26, 2005, 11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanCorpse

On a GREAT SHOW!
Finally met Megan in Person and to boot saw her preform some of her own songs at the Lula Lounge tonight.  Great job Megan!!!  Beautiful harmonys! We all should look forward to the new album.

Congrats!!

Thanks for the cover
(At Dawn!!)

tomEisenbraun

Oh man, we have to hear some live recordings, babe. Did you get everything set up the way you wanted?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Ryan, it was great to meet you, and I was SO happy to have you in the audience.  There were a couple of representin' board folks there.  ;)

Eisey, I did get live recordings done (Howard made them - he was our sound master).  Lemme give them a listen and see what kind of stuff came through.

Man I had a fun night tonight.   :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

dude, that so rocks!  now if only I could sing, and I could participate too!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Quotedude, that so rocks!  now if only I could sing, and I could participate too!
You participate in many ways, sir...  :)

corey

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the full re-cap. Can't wait to hear it.

plank10

where was the show?

EC

Quotewhere was the show?

It was in Toronto.  :)

antoniostrohs

Hey Megan that's so cool. Sounds like it was a wonderful time and wish we all could have been there. So when does your  American tour start and who do you want to open for you?;D  

EC

QuoteHey Megan that's so cool. Sounds like it was a wonderful time and wish we all could have been there. So when does your  American tour start and who do you want to open for you?;D  

heh.  

Oh I have this very grand vision in my head of how everything is going to work.  And I would imagine that when we start hitting the road for small jaunts, I'll open for Mark's band.  :)  (That's the dreamy plan right now anyhow...)

But I guess I'd better have a record first.  ;)

jonjon

QuoteYeah, I'm looking forward to the full re-cap. Can't wait to hear it.

I must ask for this honor.

The Lula Lounge is a kewl place that could not have been set up any better. There was such a lowkey vibe buzzin the place, it was awesome. There were candles lit everywhere and the scene for the night could not have been better set. Ms. EC headlined the show with 2 other folks opening FOR HER!!!

The 1st artist was Chris Picco(www.chrispicco.ca)with a trio that mellowed the place, but pumped it at the same time with a nice touch of some fun rock. Totally kewl guy that is the nicest person. He was nice enough to step up at the last minute when another artist could not make it.

Secondly, was a very beautiful person named Shelby(something, sorry). She strummed a really nice electric and tickled the keys. She brought up a saxophonist who studied jazz and it certainly showed. Ellen's easy additions was methodical without being overpowering. But, you could see the jazz animal in her just waiting for the chance to jump out.

After Chris's trio started the show & Shelby's band of friends continued to build the show, Ms. Meg took center stage. You could literally hear a pin drop as everyone was
taken on a magically journey through her life and her world. Meg is proof that it doesn't take a stage full of folks to have a fantastic show. She single handedly held everyone captive as she easily flowed from song to song. I shouldn't mention this, but it was too cute. One of the verses slipped her mind, and she made us laugh until she quickly fired right back into the verse. Not only is she a great guitar picker, but a wonderful writer and a voice of pure honey, covered with syrup, and sprinkled with a massive dose of brown sugar. She covered time(literally played it..love that song), she took us on a journey with explanations of her heart that produced the melodies we all enjoyed. She shared one of her close friends, her autoharp, which is a left turn to everything typical you have ever seen on stage. There was even a tiny version of Mr. Tamborine (Wo)Man between Chris, Shelby and Meg. Despite what she says about being rhythmically challenged, she does just fine on precussion. Note to you musicians, consider a dual tamborine in your music, you'd be surprised what it can add. I was wondering if she would play a song called Traffic and how the harmonies would be handled. Perfectly executed. The night was absolutely magical. She even rocked some electric guitar, fashioned with tasteful delay and Jim James size reverb. It so fits her.

I met a school friend of hers and folks that know her really deeply and understand what music is to the changes in her life. I had no idea. Leaps of faith. I guess that's why they call it faith.

Toronto is lucky to have a young lady in it's city. Her name is Meg and she will be famous one day.

And yall can say that you knew her when.......
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

EC

My Dad paid him to say that.  ;)

(Thanks Jonathan, you're very kind.  :))

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteMy Dad paid him to say that.  ;)

Can I get your dad to pay me too?  I'll say ANYTHING!  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

It sounds fabulous. Well done Megan  :D

jonjon

QuoteMy Dad paid him to say that.  ;)

Oh if only that were true, however, remember, I never got the chance to meet your Dad. I'm still pissed about that. Oh yeah, and leaving my phone at the Buffalo terminal. Bummer.

EC

Dude that sucks!!  Can you get it back?

(Glad you made it safe and sound.)

jonjon

QuoteDude that sucks!!  Can you get it back?

(Glad you made it safe and sound.)

I doubt it, I've been calling the number but nobody is answering. Yeah, interesting border crossing. I was told it seems a bit far for a concert, convince me some more. Then the 6am was bumped to 1045am, which bumped me to another flight....all in all, I got to my truck in Atlanta at 930pm. But lord oh lord did I have fun. Thank you a billion times over and over.

EC

Ooooooooh maaaaaaaan.  What a rough trip.  It sho wasn't easy for you.  Hope you didn't get in trouble at work!!

jonjon

QuoteOoooooooh maaaaaaaan.  What a rough trip.  It sho wasn't easy for you.  Hope you didn't get in trouble at work!!

Nah, I called after I got home and I could signon and do a bit of work from there. Pretty much, everything was taken care of and my 2 cents wasn't needed. So it's all good in the hood.

Chills

I must ask for this honor.

The Lula Lounge is a kewl place that could not have been set up any better. There was such a lowkey vibe buzzin the place, it was awesome. There were candles lit everywhere and the scene for the night could not have been better set. Ms. EC headlined the show with 2 other folks opening FOR HER!!!

The 1st artist was Chris Picco(www.chrispicco.ca)with a trio that mellowed the place, but pumped it at the same time with a nice touch of some fun rock. Totally kewl guy that is the nicest person. He was nice enough to step up at the last minute when another artist could not make it.

Secondly, was a very beautiful person named Shelby(something, sorry). She strummed a really nice electric and tickled the keys. She brought up a saxophonist who studied jazz and it certainly showed. Ellen's easy additions was methodical without being overpowering. But, you could see the jazz animal in her just waiting for the chance to jump out.

After Chris's trio started the show & Shelby's band of friends continued to build the show, Ms. Meg took center stage. You could literally hear a pin drop as everyone was
taken on a magically journey through her life and her world. Meg is proof that it doesn't take a stage full of folks to have a fantastic show. She single handedly held everyone captive as she easily flowed from song to song. I shouldn't mention this, but it was too cute. One of the verses slipped her mind, and she made us laugh until she quickly fired right back into the verse. Not only is she a great guitar picker, but a wonderful writer and a voice of pure honey, covered with syrup, and sprinkled with a massive dose of brown sugar. She covered time(literally played it..love that song), she took us on a journey with explanations of her heart that produced the melodies we all enjoyed. She shared one of her close friends, her autoharp, which is a left turn to everything typical you have ever seen on stage. There was even a tiny version of Mr. Tamborine (Wo)Man between Chris, Shelby and Meg. Despite what she says about being rhythmically challenged, she does just fine on precussion. Note to you musicians, consider a dual tamborine in your music, you'd be surprised what it can add. I was wondering if she would play a song called Traffic and how the harmonies would be handled. Perfectly executed. The night was absolutely magical. She even rocked some electric guitar, fashioned with tasteful delay and Jim James size reverb. It so fits her.

I met a school friend of hers and folks that know her really deeply and understand what music is to the changes in her life. I had no idea. Leaps of faith. I guess that's why they call it faith.

Toronto is lucky to have a young lady in it's city. Her name is Meg and she will be famous one day.

And yall can say that you knew her when.......

This is the greatest thing I've ever read on this forum (besides the dodgeball team and a certain subserviant chicken  :)).
Seriously awesome review.
You've got the style it takes, jonjon!
Good music is alive, that's always nice to hear.
Keep it up EC.