The Fearless Freaks

Started by antoniostrohs, Aug 05, 2005, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoniostrohs

Don't know if this has been brought up before or not,but has anyone else saw the DVD documentary about the Flaming Lips called "The Fearless Freaks".It is so cool!Lots of great early clips of the band and lots on interviews with fans,friends,family,band members,and ex-band members.Very insightful and personal piece of music cinema.It really captures the unique qualities and great spirit of Wayne Coyne and his band.

Chills

I want to see it. The Lips rule big time
Hope I can rent that dvd somewhere.

And they're funny too, check out their hilarious cover of Kylie's "can't get you out of my head" if you can.

CC

oh yeah. that's a flaming good docu!

it's kinda like Dig! also very entertaining.

biscuitbobo

we're going to see Brian Jonestown Massacre tonight..hope it's a night of music and no shenanigans....
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

EC

Quotewe're going to see Brian Jonestown Massacre tonight..hope it's a night of music and no shenanigans....

Oh shit.  You be careful, now.  Don't stand too close!

biscuitbobo

yeah....if anton kicks me in the head, i won't be the  slightest bit overjoyed...from what i've read (reviews of recent live stuff) they've been keeping it together for the most part....the band they're playing with (The Quarter After) are also good, if you enjoy that psyche. Byrds-Beachwood Sparks sound...sorry to get off topic about the FF!!!  it is great and sad and happy and funny..steven drozd is a musical wizard,seemingly wrapped in robe of sadness...but who knows?
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

corey

I watched the first hour of it the other night before I went to bed, but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet and it's killing me. I love it so far.
Man, Wayne's family is kinda fucked, huh? Also, isn't it kind of neat that he still lives there in that neighborhood with all that shit going on around him?