Toronto Rocks

Started by EC, Aug 28, 2005, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

That was a show on CITY in the 80s.  I can't remember if it was on Much Music or not.

Anyhow, this morning I'm discovering a bunch of cool things that are happening in my town.  And here's one of them:

Chuck Klosterman is launching his new book "Killing Yourself to Live: 85% Of A True Story" on Wednesday at the Horseshoe at 6pm for free.  :)

Has anybody read this yet?  'wiggum, I know you loved Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, which I still haven't read.  The review of this book makes it sound like a book I think I'll want to read.

October

i've read half of it.  so far i don't think it's as good as Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs, but if you like Klosterman, it's by no means a departure.  it's packed with a ton of (useless) information as always, and there are some really interesting discussions about various bands/singers/their deaths.  the part i don't like is klosterman seems to get more into musings on his personal life than usual, which kinda detracts.

corey

I haven't read it. We got it for Sara for her B-day a couple of weeks ago.

EC

QuoteI haven't read it. We got it for Sara for her B-day a couple of weeks ago.

It was Sara's birthday a couple of weeks ago?  Maaaan. crap.

Did she like it?

corey

They came over last night. She hasn't read that one yet. She got several other books that day apparently.  

Is Klosterman doing a book tour? That'd be neat to go and see.

EC

QuoteThey came over last night. She hasn't read that one yet. She got several other books that day apparently.  

Is Klosterman doing a book tour? That'd be neat to go and see.
I'm not sure.  It says it's a launch...  But maybe it's the Canadian launch.  The Horseshoe is a fun place.  Too bad you can't come, too.  I might see if Steph wants to go.  Here's another opportunity for me to say that I wish I had a private jet.  ;)

Tree

Canada Rocks!!
Broken Social Scene!!  
Godspeed you... !!
Apostle Of Hustle!!
Feist!!

Love them!!