Fats Domino

Started by ratsprayer, Sep 01, 2005, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

unfortunately, ive heard hes one of the many missing in n'awlins.  continuous loads of good vibes going down that way.

EC

Quoteunfortunately, ive heard hes one of the many missing in n'awlins.  continuous loads of good vibes going down that way.
Yeah, fer sure.  All of my good vibes are directed southernly these days.  It's so awful.  

aMillionDreams

Fats was rescued by boat according to the drudge report.  They need a lot of good vibes down there.  I just read this disturbing article about what is REALLY going on down there.  This one's not for the faint of heart:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/D8CBN9OG2.html
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

EC

Quote"I think there ought to be zero tolerance of people breaking the law during an emergency such as this _ whether it be looting, or price gouging at the gasoline pump, or taking advantage of charitable giving or insurance fraud," Bush said. "And I've made that clear to our attorney general. The citizens ought to be working together."
I have so many things I want to say to that statement, I don't even know where to begin.

You made it that way, fucker.

Why are people shooting at the rescue helicopters?  Why are people trying to steal guns from police officers?

dragonboy

I couldn't believe this story. Apparently black people loot, white people 'find' things???
Check this out:

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/30/black_people_loot_wh.html
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

I have so many things I want to say to that statement, I don't even know where to begin.

You made it that way, fucker.

ill admittedly find anything wrong with our fucking president that i can, but seriously these levees that have broken were the very ones that would have ben strengthened with flood protection W vetoed.  this money went for the war in iraq, a war based on lies.  admitted lies.  i try to respect people even if i disagree with their beliefs and opinions, but if you support W, wot sort of person can you claim to be?  i was planning to go back to new orleans in janaury for my 5 year wedding anniversary since the wife and i spent some time there.  its an historic city that will never be the same, busiest port in the country, etc.  how can someone whos supposedly a christian live with that on their soul?  sorry for the rant, i just feel really fucked up inside in loads of ways after all this.  my good vibes are still aplenty for those in need.  
 :-/

wordawg

The bits I've seen on Fox News, etc make the whole operation look like getting aid into a third world country not the home of the brave.
Strange days indeed.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteThe bits I've seen on Fox News, etc make the whole operation look like getting aid into a third world country not the home of the brave.
Strange days indeed.

wordawg

Agreed.  I was looking at an atlas that shows plenty of roads between NO and the world that aren't interstate 10.  

Good thing they got Fats Domino out though-I love me some Fats!  He was rockin' WAY back in the day.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteGood thing they got Fats Domino out though-I love me some Fats!  He was rockin' WAY back in the day.
I remember going through my Mom's 45s, and listening to Blueberry Hill over and over and over.  I even made up a song to it that had slightly different words.  

That reminds me that I think I should get a record player.  And then I think I'll get Z on vinyl.   8)

(And then maybe I'll make some old school hip hop, too...)

JacketGal

I remember going through my Mom's 45s, and listening to Blueberry Hill over and over and over.  I even made up a song to it that had slightly different words.  

I had this recording on my Mom's Fats' record too. Blueberry Hill just always blew me away, such an amazing song. That piano riff launched a million songs....:)

Glad he's safe. I acutally thought he had passed away a long time ago.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

EC

It made me actually LIKE practising piano.  I thought I could be a piano star.  ;)