Main Menu

Dear O

Started by EC, Sep 04, 2005, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

I would like to thank you for keeping that picture around for your avatar (is that the right word) for so long.

Today I bought Horses at a new used record shop.  And I think it's the new record that will be on for a long time.  Holy. fuck.

:)

Jellyfish

EC,if you don't have this one pick it up....kinda the same style music...new wave/punk.

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

QuoteEC,if you don't have this one pick it up....kinda the same style music...new wave/punk.
Word jellyfish.  Thanks for the heads up!!

I can't seem to get away from the computer now, reading everything I can about Patti Smith.  God, I get so obsessive.  ;)

Oz

I try to get as much people hooked on Patti as possible. That album is the best ever. Megan, go see her live shows! Shivers down your spine, I can tell you. God, she's everything. Television is great too, but Patti is way up there... Her poetry, her voice, her energy, and that combined with Lenny Kaye's and Ivan Kral's guitar playing and songs, and her piano player whose name I suddenly forgot... Aah, man! And then they make an album with stuff like Gloria, Redondo Beach reggea, 8-minute poetry impro jazz Birdland, Free money with that building that just makes you fly live, Kimberly with one of the best bass lines ever, Break it up where she sings while beating her fist on her chest in the middle 8 (how cool is that?) and then Land, the rock 'n roll song of rock 'n roll songs, and then to end with Elegie, where you slowly descend again... Damn.

November the 8th there will be a new version released, with an extra disc of her doing the whole album live, last summer in London, with Tom Verlaine and Flea! Can't wait.
I'm ready when you are