EC, can you find something out for me?

Started by TheLink, Sep 07, 2005, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLink

I was stopped at the border in 2002 and arrested in Canada for an OUI.  On advice of a Canadian attortney, I skipped my court hearing and a warrant was issued.  i obvoiusly did this to avoid losing my license here in the states.  Is there a statute for non-residents?  or, do you know where i could find that info out.  I used to work in Niagara Falls each Winter and I miss the damn place.  And, i am afraid to get caught trying to use someone elses identity.  eh? ???

EC

QuoteI was stopped at the border in 2002 and arrested in Canada for an OUI.  On advice of a Canadian attortney, I skipped my court hearing and a warrant was issued.  i obvoiusly did this to avoid losing my license here in the states.  Is there a statute for non-residents?  or, do you know where i could find that info out.  I used to work in Niagara Falls each Winter and I miss the damn place.  And, i am afraid to get caught trying to use someone elses identity.  eh? ???

Hmmmmm...  How do you find out about that kind of thing?  Lemme think on it and see if I can get in touch with a cop friend.  

I know that my bro had some, ah, issues a few years back, and we went through to Buffalo just fine...  He also had some issues in England, and he's cool there now, too.

He might know as far as being a Canadian going into the US.

(What's an OUI?)  (In Canada, that's French for yes, in which case, you're in! ;))

(Seriously though, I know what a DUI is, but what's an OUI?  Were you serving owls again?)

EC

BIGVICLBI

Almost didn't get into Canada when I was going to Quebec for a bachelor party this past year due to an arrest for possession of a little greenery like 6 years ago(And I really mean a little bit.)You guys sure are uptight up there. I saw a couple guys get turned back for having dui's.

EC

QuoteAlmost didn't get into Canada when I was going to Quebec for a bachelor party this past year due to an arrest for possession of a little greenery like 6 years ago(And I really mean a little bit.)You guys sure are uptight up there. I saw a couple guys get turned back for having dui's.
It also depends on the borders...  The Michigan border is brutal.  Buffalo is sometimes cool sometimes really strict.  And the Niagara Falls border has, thus far, been the breeziest border ever.

Hm.  Six years.  Was your arrest here, or in the US?

Still, though, does anyone know what an OUI is?

obsession under the influence
oinking under the influence
opium under the influence
ogling under the influence
oscillating (wildly) under the influence
orating under the influence
oregano under the influence
operating under the influence

Is that it?  Operating what?

The_Link

it was DUI.  i will check.  we all make mistkaes. ;)
Thanks for the info..