Edmund Fitzgerald

Started by johnconaway, Sep 08, 2005, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

I've always had a soft spot for this tune, kinda corny but kinda cool at the same time...any love for Mr. Lightfoot's ode to the doomed ship?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteI've always had a soft spot for this tune, kinda corny but kinda cool at the same time...any love for Mr. Lightfoot's ode to the doomed ship?

Me.  I love Gordon Lightfoot.  I also love boats and thinking about being on boats and the sea, plus I think it's in a minor key, which I also like.  

I saw him sing years and years (and years and years) ago at Massey Hall.  Beautiful.

Me.  I love Gordon Lightfoot.  I also love boats and thinking about being on boats and the sea, plus I think it's in a minor key, which I also like.  

I saw him sing years and years (and years and years) ago at Massey Hall.  Beautiful.

not had that pleasure, but after singing "Sundown" in the car the other day, I'm gonna have to track some GL down...

EC

not had that pleasure, but after singing "Sundown" in the car the other day, I'm gonna have to track some GL down...

Sundown has one of my favourite chords ever in it.  It's an E, and I can't remember the technical name, but you lower your finger on the D string from the 2nd fret to the 4th, and it's sooooo nice.

I can see her looking fast in her faded jeans, she's a hard lovin' woman got me feelin' mean.... ;)

Jellyfish

Gord's Gold has got to be in everyone's CD collection.Gordon Lightfoot was my 1st concert...my parents took me...I was like 9 years old.First time I ever smelled basil too. ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

QuoteGord's Gold has got to be in everyone's CD collection.Gordon Lightfoot was my 1st concert...my parents took me...I was like 9 years old.First time I ever smelled basil too. ;D

This smells like Otto's jacket!

EC

See?  Goosebumps.  Everything about the water and shipwrecks and sea captains and whales and boats - it all gives me a very specific feeling.  

I think that song captures that feeling, too, which is another reason why it's so wonderful..

Jellyfish

Has anyone heard the acoustic version of EF on Gord's Gold vol 2? I think it surpasses the "plugged" version.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

QuoteI've always had a soft spot for this tune, kinda corny but kinda cool at the same time...any love for Mr. Lightfoot's ode to the doomed ship?

I Love Gordon Lightfoot - you had me playing one of his CDs yesterday after your singing Sundown in the car comment.
Edmund Fitzgerald is a great track.
I think Early Morning Rain is my Fav - always makes me feel good.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

QuoteHas anyone heard the acoustic version of EF on Gord's Gold vol 2? I think it surpasses the "plugged" version.
I believe my Dad has that cd.  I will check it out next time I'm there.