Help!  Shit!

Started by EC, Sep 10, 2005, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Guys, how do you tie a tie?

I've never had to wear one before, and, ah, I can't do it right...  Are there rules?  I keep making it too long on one side.

:-/

corey

If you are making it too long on one side (which I usually do on the first attempt), try bringing the other side down before you go to make the loops, if that makes sense.

Let's say that it is around your neck and you have the little thin side on your left shoulder and the bigger thicker side on your right shoulder. Pull the left side down some so that the right side comes up closer to your shoulder, then go through the motions.

At least that's what works for me and how I tie them.

TheLink

loop around twice towards the top and then pull the thinner end through the loop you have made.  it is all about the length.  good luck.

corey

Well, if the thinner side is on the left shoulder and the thicker side is on the right, the right side is typically closer to the belt so that the left side is up higher.
The way I tie them:
Toss the right side over the left side.Wrap the right side under the left side. Pull the right side towards the right and  pull it back over the left side in a vertical manner. Then take the right side and start pulling it up towards your chin and stuff it through the little slit that you just made.

Damn, that doesn't make any sense at all. I could never be a teacher.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

probably the most efficient way to learn this is to have a guy stand right behind you and guide your hands. It's really pretty simple when you get the hang of it, it just takes an actual human to show you. It involves a little finesse that can;t be learned from a computer.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteprobably the most efficient way to learn this is to have a guy stand right behind you and guide your hands. It's really pretty simple when you get the hang of it, it just takes an actual human to show you. It involves a little finesse that can;t be learned from a computer.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

peanut butter puddin surprise

yes, unfortunately...but at this job, i've chucked the ties in favor of what I call the "mid 90's professional look"...dress shirt, no tie, white t shirt poking out on top.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jellyfish

What's a tie?  ???

;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

tomEisenbraun

We do come in handy here and there   ;)

lyricjunkie

http://www.ties.com/ties/knots.jsp

Try this link.  And good luck.   ;)

Talk less....
Say more.