What was your first post?

Started by EC, Sep 12, 2005, 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

338   General / The Music / Re: What songs make you choke up or get teary-eyed  on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:43am  
Yeah, I just got Bright Eyes' new albums, and Landlocked blues is incredible.  It's the soundtrack to getting drunk and feeling sorry for yourself  

Tree

i think my first post was...
how did i become a jacket fan!

marktwain

This is the oldest I could find (but it looks like 47 have gone missing):

653  General / The Music / War Begun         on: Dec 17th, 2002, 8:35pm
I think this is right:

wAR BEGUn
C#7stolen as the F#war begun, Athis time your Bsoul is my  
C#7one. i beF#long to a Arace of robots, Bdrownin out my
C#7one.   anyF#time your Awar gets out of Bhand i'll take it on.  
C#7stolen as the F#wars begun, Athis time your Bsoul is my one.  

A#mI'D MOVE FmON, but i F#know you'll need me some C#7day.
A#mI'D roll FmON, but i F#know you'll need me some C#7day.

repeat verse, and end alternating between C#7 and F#

whothrewthecake

i think my first post was called "first post." fitting, right?  8)

darkglow

here's my first post -

"i work for a travelling staging/sound/lighting company and the lebowski fest was the gig i ran into them at.. i'd been working all day getting things ready for what alot of local louisvillians who were working for me called "a hell of a show". so after a hard day of work, i sat back and watched the opening acts.. and every now and again when i would walk to the back of the stage i'd glance at jim and the gang's backstage tent and curiously wander exactly what they were going to sound like.. i knew they had to rock because jim was wearing a dirty ass white bathrobe that was about knee-high (just like "the dude" in the big lebowski). lots of people had told me how good they were and until the day of the show (like many shows) i'd never heard of the performers and what-not..  

when the lights went out and they played the bob dylan song from the big lebowski movie i kicked up my feet and enjoyed one hell of a show.. all the heat and all the tiredness in my body seemed to disappear.

so i proceeded to get a copy of at dawn from the merch tent before tear down.. well, it was around 5am when i pulled out of town and i humbly listened to them all the way back to tennessee proudly knowing that i was pulling home the stage that my new favorite band had just played on.

so in a way i feel i am connected to them on numerous levels.. i provided a surface for them to play on so they could consume me and cause this obsession and i also helped provide that experience to lots of others.

i have since quit that job and of the 4 years i was in the entertainment business nothing compares to that one show."

haha.. i guess you could say i typed that little bit up quickly and carelessly a few days after my encounter.